Activate Adobe CS4 on my new computer

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set up my new computer and transferred my Adobe CS4 from my old system to my new system, but I cannot get my new system to activate. I have contacted Adobe's support and they could not help. They told me to post to this forum. Any help would be gratly appreciated. I don't use Iluustrator and Photoshop enough to justify paying for the monthly or yearly subscription and like what I have been using for years.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>transferred my Adobe CS4... cannot get my new system to activate

Programs do not transfer, you must do a fresh install and enter your serial number when asked

What is your computer... Mac or Windows and exact version of the operating system?

What error message do you see?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the zinstall program, which I found on an Adobe forum, to transfer everything from my old computer to my new one. It worked great and this is the only problem I am having after doing the transfer.

Both my old and new computers are running the most current versions of Windows 10. The error message I am getting is Error 131:4.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible you have activated the program on too many systems. You are only allowed to have it activated on two systems at a time. If you had previously transferred it to the old computer but did not deactivate it on the prior computer, you would have gone over the limit.

Contact customer support again and tell them you want an ACTIVATION COUNT RESET. Use exactly those words and do not let them redirect you to the forums again, as only customer support can do this for you.

Because CS4 is so old, resetting the activation count is the only support Adobe provides.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used the zinstall program

That may not have properly transferred the registry settings.

I recommend uninstalling and properly installing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines