• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activate/reactivate CS3? - LOCKED CS3 is a dead product

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to reactivate CS3. and am being sent in circles.

Phone activation no longer works.

I've removed old, installed new, changed my serial number as instructed

the new version won't open so I'm sent on the same path.

??? !

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Since the original message here the special non-activation version has been withdrawn by Adobe

There is now NO way to activate CS3 and earlier programs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 and Acrobat 8 activation server is retired see reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2372929

-you MUST use the special serial number AND the special installer you download, not your originals

-above includes a link to get the special version AND links to help with activation problems

-more information on activation problems with the new version https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2385900

-and https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/temporary-activation-expired.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why I need to activate a product I've been using for over 8 years.  Does the "special version" work just as the regular CS3 does?  I cannot use Creative Cloud because I have severe bandwidth restrictions so I need to stick with a downloaded, installed program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annes93429887  wrote

Does the "special version" work just as the regular CS3 does? 

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annes93429887  wrote

I don't understand why I need to activate a product I've been using for over 8 years. 

Did your existing, activated CS3 deactivate spontaneously or did you reinstall it?

I cannot use Creative Cloud because I have severe bandwidth restrictions so I need to stick with a downloaded, installed program.

This is a widespread misconception about the Adobe Cloud. Plenty of Cloud users have severe bandwidth restrictions but use Cloud apps successfully.

Cloud apps download, install and run locally - just like CS3 does. The "Cloud" part of the Adobe system is for occasional (up to 99 days between checks if you're on an annual plan) license checks and downloading updates.

The background license checks are transparent to the user and take seconds. They don't get in the way of you using the software. Software updates take longer but you can schedule them at your convenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get CS3 activated? I've been all over this site trying to figure whether I can get mine re-activated. What a bummer - one pays for software and is forced to upgrade. I seldom use Dreamweaver, but need to ocassionally. I don't have time and patience to learn a new version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the original message here the special non-activation version has been withdrawn by Adobe

There is now NO way to activate CS3 and earlier programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I don't have time and patience to learn a new version!"

This is 2020, not 2007.  Modern web authoring tools are essential.  Web technologies, browsers & devices keep changing.  Meanwhile, CS3 has stayed exactly the same.  Connect the dots.  If you're using outdated DW, that means whatever you create with it is 13+ years outdated, too.

Brackets and VS Code are modern open source code editors.

http://brackets.io/

https://code.visualstudio.com/

Dreamweaver CC 2020 is by subscription.  Free 7-day trial available.

https://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/free-trial-download.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how new/old your Mac is, but please be aware that the older the software and the newer the machine you're running it on, the more likely you're going to start running into issues. CS3 is pretty outdated by now. If you're on a new mac, or plan on getting a new mac anytime soon, I highly recommend checking out the Adobe CC plans here. Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines