Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activate Ultra2 (Serious Magic) [CS1, CS2 & CS3 are dead]

Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many years ago I purchase the program UltraKey (from Serious Magic). It was very expensive at that time (around € 750,-).

I tried to install this program now om my Windows-7 computer, but it failed to activate.

In 2009 I received a solution to activate the program bij SMActivate.exe. I followed this solution, even update the program to ULTRA2, but activation is not possible.

When I run SMActivate.exe, I see only "Activate the following Serious Magic Applications: ULTRA 1.0 PAL"

Click OK, and then "Succesfully activated selected programs"

When I run Ultra, or Ultra2, i see that I have NO activation at all, and only 7 days left before the program stops.

Is there anyone who can help me?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Grandecreatura please see Legacy Serious Magic product activation - http://helpx.adobe.com/legacy/kb/legacy-serious-magic-product-activation.html for information on how to activate Ultra 2. 

Please be aware these steps have not been tested in Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

This thread is more than 6 years old.  Ultra has been gone for 12 years.  And CS3 and earlier software are all discontinued which means that even if you could install, there is no possible way to activate because the activation servers shut down years ago.  Sorry but this is a dead end. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Ultra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you use this activation tool, http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4246

if so, see if there's something in this forum that helps you, http://forums.adobe.com/message/5571730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grandecreatura please see Legacy Serious Magic product activation - http://helpx.adobe.com/legacy/kb/legacy-serious-magic-product-activation.html for information on how to activate Ultra 2. 

Please be aware these steps have not been tested in Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Jeff. I had my old Windows XP workstation laptop containing both Ultra2 and DVRack HDV die yesterday. ... still looking for the backup (which I know exists, though I'd likely still need to reinstall software even with a data restore). I was very encouraged to find your post, only to find on following the link at the download site that I get a 404 error, as the file no longer seems to be there. I still rely on DVRack HDV to work with an older JVC Professional HD camera and have thousands of dollars in Serious Magic software (even have a still-shrinkwrapped box of the post-acquisition VC3). Is there any chance someone at Adobe still has that zip file? Believe it or not, I haven't had to reinstall any of this in well over a decade and I still use this old software routinely. I'll guard that file with my life if I manage to get my hands on it. Thanks in advance for any help you might provide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, here is the original post with the download link: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=4246

Thanks again,

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the file. When I go to that link, it tells me the file is not there. Help???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The server you seek does not exist any longer, physically. Its program has been erased.

It is like Windows 7 which is no longer support by Microsoft. You now buy Windows 10.

I still have DOS, Windows 95, 98S, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Not to mention all of the other computer programs that collect dust.

Better all those past Apple computers that will run only with software made for that computer series.

Last year I could download CS3, CS4, CS5, CS5.5, and even CS6 master copies.  Adobe erases them so that we folks have to buy into CS6 in the cloud which they update ever so often.

Somewhere I still have Serious Magic (2002) it was fun but again that was a very long time ago on a Hard Drive which I toss out with the desktop.

We are stuck with new versions of a green screen that can be downloaded over the net.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the links. I followed these steps, and I managed to install Ultra 2 on Windows 7.

The program is activated, and after placing a missing pcleUtil.dll the program works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent thank you for the update Grandecreatura!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grandecreatura,

I know it's been a long time, but is there any chance you still have the Serious Magic activation zip that was downloadable from the link that Jeff pointed you to? The download link at that location is no longer working and I need to reinstall DVRack HDV and Ultra2 after an old laptop that I've manage to keep running for over a decade died. ... finding this thread was so encouraging, then that 404 error...

The file is called seriousmagic_activate1.zip. If it's still on your drive, guard it like all your Serious Magic goodness depends on it!

Thanks in advance,

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is more than 6 years old.  Ultra has been gone for 12 years.  And CS3 and earlier software are all discontinued which means that even if you could install, there is no possible way to activate because the activation servers shut down years ago.  Sorry but this is a dead end. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Ultra

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, but the software used to exist on Adobe's servers only a couple of years ago, and the VC3 is an awesome product (which I paid for) and would love to keep using, as I've grown to love it. Shame my hard drive crashed, or I'd still be using it. Any way I can get my hands on that activate1.ZIP file which apparently has a way for me to skip the activation servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Not that I know of. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding- you answer is correct for Ultra2, but happily (see below) not for Ultra3. I pulled my copy of CS3 Production Premium, which I had managed to forget actually had the final Ultra version- Ultra3- off the shelf and blew the dust off (how I managed to forget that day-glow green disk is beyond me!). Like you said- it's been many years and I'd never needed to upgrade. I tried installing it and to my surprise, unlike Ultra2 or the rest of CS3 there was no activation process- it just installed and worked. As a bonus, it turns out it supports 720p, to boot. 🙂 Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines