• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activated CS6 reverting to trial

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7 (64 bit).  When I activate it, activation seems to be successful, but a few hour later it reverts to the trial edition.  I have been in contact with Tech Support every day for over 10 days now with no resolution of the problem.  We have tried stopping Windows Management Instrumention, installing as administrator, installing into a new account, installing (updating) Adobe Application manager, several other things I have forgotten.  I have given over (remote) control to a rep using "Connect" (don't know what he did -- too fast), but nothing has worked.  Tech Support finally told me that this is a known issue.  Has anyone on this forum experienced it?  I tried searching, but didn't find anything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds weird. Do you get any error messages or code when this happens?

Anyway, I'll escalate this issue to the Adobe Team. They'll revert to you directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error messages, just the trial version (extended) dialog.  Sometimes it says I have 0 days, sometimes -1 days, sometimes 30 days, and sometimes 20-something days.  I have a case number if a team member ever contacts me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Creative Cloud membership with the application that is auto-reverting to trial?

If you are, try the steps outlined here to see if it helps: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No -- I have a stand-alone version of Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder why that is if it's a standalone installation.

I'm moving this thread to Installation Forum for better responses from other experts here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Do you have any previous versions or the beta build of Photoshop installed on your computer?

Also, do you have any case numbers from your interaction with tech support that we can look into?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gautham, Thank you for responding.

The OP has a case number as he has mentioned in Reply #2.

I have a case number if a team member ever contacts me.

You may want to Private Message/ E-mail him to help him resolve this.

-ST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for missing that.

Have sent a private message requesting for the case number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a trial version of CS 6 installed when I was waiting for delivery

(from Adorama) of the purchased version. I first just entered the serial

number from the purchased version into the trial. When this reverted to

trial I uninstalled the trial and installed from the DVD. When this

reverted to trial I began contacting support. One of the things I tried

was to uninstall CS 6, use Adobe Cleaner Tool, then reinstall. Still

reverting to trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sj41

I have had this same problem since June with CS6 Production Premium on win7 64 bit (installed from DVD on Dell XPS15 laptop). As you state, this is a known problem. It has been with "engineering" for over a month, but that doesn't stop front-line support from having customers waste hours going through troubleshooting that won't work ; though to be fair it looks like your troubleshooting was some of the stuff they tried with me most recently and it looks like your experience of using different admin accounts etc has not long term benefit for the affected user (like my experience). See these discussions for more info on this problem:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4591392#4591392

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4701379#4701379

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4751655#4751655

regards

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan -- thanks for the note and the links.  Even though an Adobe rep said it was a known issue, I was beginning to believe I was the only victim.

I now have 14 days left on the trial and have not heard from Adobe in 5 days -- even though I was told that I would hear by the weekend.  Is anyone home?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have 13 days left on the "trial".  Is anybody at Adobe home?  Working on this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this issue only occur when you launch the 64-bit version of the applications?  For example if you launch the 32-bit version of Photoshop CS6 are you not prompted to activate again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the trial box regardless of which version I launch, however the time left is different -- or was the only time I tried. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote earlier, I have had this since June. On the 32 bit versions the trial screen comes up after the program has almost finished launching. I can just close the trial dialogue and confirm that I want to and the 32 bit program runs deactivated. The trial screen gives a number of days anything between 00 and 32768 days. The 64 bit apps normally prompt with the trial screen before much has loaded and if I close the trial dialogue the program quits. See if your 32 bit version of CS6 behaves the same way.

Out of interest, have you tried installing on a second PC? My CS6 works perfectly on my HP desktop. It is only on my Dell laptop that it doesn't want to activate. You can install and activate on two PCs. Could you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apb_liv and sj41 if you are having the issue with 64-bit applications only then please see 64-bit applications repeatedly ask to activate - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html.  Sj41 it sounds as if you have already opened up a support case.  Apb_liv if you have not then I would recommend doing so.

Our engineering team is currently prepared to do another test with one of our affected users tomorrow morning.  We are hoping this will help narrow down the issue to allow a resolution to be found.

If for some reason you are having CS6 applications revert to trial mode but it is not 64-bit specific then please review CS6 applications in Creative Cloud unexpectedly revert to trial mode | CS6, CCM - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

I have had over 10 support cases with this issue - I may even have been the first person to report it. It is not 64bit specific. Both 32 bit and 64 bit apps fail activation, but they fail differently. I just use the 32bit versions on my laptop at the moment as they are less inconvenient to start up and am waiting for the engineering solution. Hopefully the test tomorrow will get closer to that.

regards

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apb_liv I apologize that you have been facing this issue for some time.  I am very happy to hear though that you do have a support case, or cases, already reporting on this issue.

Unfortunately the user our Engineer's contacted today was unable to reproduce the issue.  Arrangements have already been made to contact the customer again tomorrow morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be able to reproduce the issue every time I launch Photoshop (I now have 12 days left).  Have your engineers contact me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the offer sj41.  I will certainly keep it in mind.  I have several users as well who can reproduce this issue consistently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on the debugging front?  It's Friday and I have only 11 days left.  That means that when you guys return to work Monday, I'll only have 8 days left.  I'm getting anxious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They think it is something to do with the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service. If I turn my WMI off in msconfig.exe and restart, and then re-register a CS6 64bit app all of the CS6 apps activate and stay activated (well through 3 reboots over 3 hours, which is much longer than I normally get). The only problem is that turning off the WMI service also turns off my antivirus and a few other things, which is not good. I am now going to turn it back on and see what happens.

Apparently, on some PCs the WMI makes adobe's activation software think the PC is a new machine - repeatedly. The fix, if it is WMI, will also involve Microsoft...

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apb_liv you will want to reference the document listed in message #17.  We will be updating this document once an update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines