• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activated CS6 reverting to trial

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7 (64 bit).  When I activate it, activation seems to be successful, but a few hour later it reverts to the trial edition.  I have been in contact with Tech Support every day for over 10 days now with no resolution of the problem.  We have tried stopping Windows Management Instrumention, installing as administrator, installing into a new account, installing (updating) Adobe Application manager, several other things I have forgotten.  I have given over (remote) control to a rep using "Connect" (don't know what he did -- too fast), but nothing has worked.  Tech Support finally told me that this is a known issue.  Has anyone on this forum experienced it?  I tried searching, but didn't find anything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only just got round to restarting WMI at 23:40 UK time. CS6 apps still ran activated before restarting the WMI service, but stopped after starting WMI and rebooting. Seems like a link from my experience.

As Jeff suggested, I shold have referred to http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only 8 days remaining.  Are you going to have a solution for me in time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I had 7 days left on the "trial"; tonight I have 12 days left.  What is wrong with your activation system?  Do you have any ideas yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure Jeff and his team are working for a fix.

In the meantime, can you tweet @Adobe_care directly? You'll get quick responses from direct Adobe team.

You can refer your Case ID as well as this thread on the forum for better insights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already discussed please contact our support team if you haven't already to have your specific issue reviewed.  If your case is related it will be added to the list being presented to our engineering team.  As also mentioned http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html will be updated once a solution is available.

In regards to contacting @Adobe_care you are certainly welcome to but as there is no solution yet there is not much which we can advise you to do through that channel.  Ensuring you have a case filed is going to be much more effective than tweeting @Adobe_Care.  Myself and my colleagues will likely refer you to the same tech document and also ask if you have opened a case as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you can try temporarily disabiling the Windows Management Instrumentation service.  This is looking like what is causing the activation difficulty.  Basically we have found that for users experiencing this issue the Windows Management Instrumentation service has become compromised which is causing your computer to show as two separate computer systems.  This is why you are continued to be asked to activate. 

Please keep in mind though that disabling the Windows Management Instrumentation service should only be utilized if you are not able to exit the need to reactivate.  The Windows Management Instrumentation service is basic service used by Windows and other applications.  You may have problems running other applications if you leave the Windows Management Instrumentation service disabled.

There is currently no way to repair the Windows Management Instrumentation service under Windows Vista and 7.  This is part of what our engineering team is investigating at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, is this possibly a fix that has to come from Microsoft, then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To early to determine at this time.  Best to bookmark the tech document and we will update it once a solution is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I started this thread, and I have a case number and about a dozen

calls to tech support already under my belt. If I recall correctly,

disabling WMI was one of the things I tried -- unsuccessfully. I repeat my

offer to work with the team to try to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just tried to close out my case number.  Here is their explanation:

"Hello Steven,

Thank you for updating the dependency information. We discussed this case again with our development team and they have informed that we do not have a solution for this issue at this point in time. You need to enter the serial number and activate the software each time you launch a 64 bit CS6 application. I would like to tell you that this is a rare incident and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We are closing this case now. We will get back to you once we have a fix your issue.

Thank you,

Bobby Johnson,

Adobe Technical Support."

Somebody seems to be unclear on the concept.  You don't close a case just because it's been a month and you can't find a solution.  You keep it open for as long as it is a problem for your customer.  Once again, I will be happy to work with the development team to try to find a solution -- just contact me at the email address you have on file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent a private message to sj41 requesting their case numbers and once I have received his information will add them to the list of users who are happy to work with our engineering team.  We do have quite a list of users already for our Engineering team to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress?  I'm really getting tired of the trial mode, even though I get the benefit of the extended version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry sj41 but I have not heard of any updates made by our Engineering team to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 8 and have the problem go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question.  I've been thinking of doing that but don't want to if it doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsure about that too. But I do know that Win8 seems to be causing other issues with Photoshop's GPU related features. Time will provide all answers/ feedback if you're planning to upgrade to Windows 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.  That's enough to keep me from upgrading until it's sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem with Photoshop CS6.  I have had several chats with Adobe Tech Support over the past few days. 

I installed the software on my new Dell pc with Windows 7 64bit a couple of days ago and have been experiencing the reactivate issue ever since. 

I had the same software installed on an older dell model with windows 7 64bit and did not experience this problem. 

Is it possible that Dell is installing something proprietary on their newer pcs that is interferring with the most recent version of Adobe Application Manager? 

In any case, like the others on this discussion, I am anxious to see this problem resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another week has passed.  Any progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed my wife's desktop to not hibernate/sleep and have her keep it on all the time.  Although it is not the greenest solution the prompt never comes up anymore.  That could help you out if you are willing to do the same.  If you have a laptop I understand how that is likely not even possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Frustrated_CS6.  Right now, the screen that tells me how much time I have on my trial (LMAO) says 0 days.  Note that yesterday, it said 29 days.  In any case, I just click on the X to close the dialog and click yes on the "are you sure you want to do that..." pop-up and everthing works fine.  If this fails to continue working, I will try your method, which I appreciate very much.  I also plan to contact Adobe Tech Support on Wednesday to report the problem again and see if there is a more permanent solution.  Thanks again for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dzinn1 you are certainly welcome to contact our support team.  Unforunately I don't have any additional updates to provide.  I would recommend continuing to review http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html as once a solution is available we will be publishing it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress?  This is getting old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I direct emailed my UK-based adobe support contact last Tuesday to ask the same question. No response or out-of-office reply.

The http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html link is as unhelpful as ever.

I had another personalised invitation from Adobe to upgrade to CS6 last week...

The only polite word I can use is "underwhelming".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regret to say there are no additional updates to provide at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines