• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation issues CS3 [CS3 is dead]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install Adobe CS3 with the replacement installer (ADBESTPPCS3_ESD1_WWE), I do not have to enter the new serial I obtained during the install

The installation goes without a problem, restart the system and try to startup photoshop. If I wait long enough, the following error occurs: "Licensing for this product has stopped working: You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or adobe customer support for help."

This is on Windows 10 1809

The software was not previously installed (used a clean system)

(already contacted adobe support chat twice ref: ADB-6778748-F0D4)

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

It's now 2020.  As an update, CS3 activation servers are gone.  And Adobe ended access to activation-free installers and replacement serial numbers.  Customer Care agents cannot help with this matter.  CS3 is officially dead.

If you never upgrade your computer or OS, you could potentially keep using CS3 for another 12+ years.  But I'm sorry to say that re-installation is no longer an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rcrommentuijn,

Did you download the fresh setup for Adobe CS 3 from the following link: Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products.​ If not please follow the instructions and do the same.

However, if you have downloaded it from the above link then please follow the steps given in the following help document to resolve activation issues: Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani Verma,

Yes, I did. I entered the old key, received a new key and downloaded both files. Used them to install the software

Regarding the temporary activation expired, I do not get any notification screens except the error noted in my first post.

Removing the cache.db files does not solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rcrommentuijn, there are several causes for the error, "Licensing has stopped working," you can find the solutions listed in Error: "Licensing has stopped working" | Windows .  I would recommend you skip solution one as I have seen multiple reports that the licensing repair tool does not work on modern versions of Windows.

Please update this public forum discussion if you have any questions regarding solution two through 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1: Apply the Licensing Service Update

solved the issue for me, after this I could enter the license code and check never register.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thanks for the update, Rcrommentuijn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 2020.  As an update, CS3 activation servers are gone.  And Adobe ended access to activation-free installers and replacement serial numbers.  Customer Care agents cannot help with this matter.  CS3 is officially dead.

If you never upgrade your computer or OS, you could potentially keep using CS3 for another 12+ years.  But I'm sorry to say that re-installation is no longer an option.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I bought Adobe CS3 in 2007. Yes, I know it is old. I use it frequently...for many years. All of a sudden, it is asking me to reactivate. I bought this product and own it. Why is it doing this?? I have the discs, the serial number and all pertinent information. I reinstalled the software from my discs and it is still asking me to activate. It tells me that I need an Authorization Code. I own the software and use it all of the time. Can someone put me in touch w/ someone that I can actually communicate with who can walk me through a solution...or issue me an activation code? This is running on a five-year-old high-end Dell laptop - with Windows 8.1. CS3 has been working great since I bought the laptop. All of a sudden, a window pops up via Adobe asking me to Activate. I can provide the serial number and also send photos. Very unhappy about this - I own the software and should not have to deal with this. Thank You.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. You don't own the software.  Adobe does. 

2. Your limited, non-exclusive license to use the software ended when CS3 reached its end of life.

3. Your disks and serial number are useless now.  The activation servers are gone and there is no possible way to re-activate CS3. 

OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines