Activation Limit Reached, Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

recently I switched to a new notebook, after LR6 installation and 'sign in' it cannot be used w/o the error desribed at this Adobe website error-activation-limit-reached . I tried everything which is described at this link, e.g. my old notbook shows now (after a new 'sign in' try) the same error as my new notbook. So currently I have LR6 only my desktop PC running well. Can someone help me out of this dead end, please?

Happy new year!

Michael

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience
Click here https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

TOPICS
Activation, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Activation Limit Reached, Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

recently I switched to a new notebook, after LR6 installation and 'sign in' it cannot be used w/o the error desribed at this Adobe website error-activation-limit-reached . I tried everything which is described at this link, e.g. my old notbook shows now (after a new 'sign in' try) the same error as my new notbook. So currently I have LR6 only my desktop PC running well. Can someone help me out of this dead end, please?

Happy new year!

Michael

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long

TOPICS
Activation, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 03, 2021 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tried everything on the page, you've contacted support. What do they have to say about the problem? Is this a one-time purchase, or a Creative Cloud subscription?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 is (in my case) a perpetual purchase / license. I could not find any option to contact the support. The different support websites link to each other so you will follow a circle w/o any chat option or phone number on each of them (they tell about it but there is nothing!) 😞 .

E-mail support is in general not provided, as I found out during my surfing.

My last chance is this forum where Adobe employees sometimes read posts and help users.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2021 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2021 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John, thanks for your answer. Attached is the screenshot of your link, As written above: I cannot see any chat option.

Adobe_no_support_website.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to get Adobe support via chat? -> 1) activate the website cookies and 2) use the "talk" icon:

accept_cookies.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2021 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally I could reach someone via the chat option. He fixed the issue in less than 5 minutes 🙂 .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0