• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe 32 bit causing Mac shutdown problems

Contributor ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Big Sur and the latest PS, Br & Lr classic. I am having shutdown problems which can of course be caused by many different things but one of them is hanging on 32 bit apps. I went to the apple menu>about this mac>system report>applications and see that there are a few obscure adobe 32 bit apps that I'd like instruction on how to remove please. Probably 'leftovers' from early versions?

AAM Registration notifier (2017)

AAm Updates notifier (2019)

AAm Launcher Util

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This looks complicated but if it’s the correct route I’ll get into it.

But is it - have a look at my screenshot, it looks like a few odd straggler files not complete apps?
Anyone had a similar experience with these files and Mac shutdown problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... I'm on Windows and only have a few Mac links that I've saved in a notes file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what John suggested. I'd like to first understand what these files are and if they can be safely deleted. And secondly how to do it simply - the tool looks pretty complex (for me anyway)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the 3 files listed in the original post that I'm curious about - can they be safely deleted and if so how. Is cc cleaner the way to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" I am having shutdown problems which can of course be caused by many different things but one of them is hanging on 32 bit apps."  No, that's impossible. Since 32-bit apps can't run at all in Big Sur, they also can't cause problems with shutdown or anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the aforementioned stray files are harmless and have no possibility of causing any kind of problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They shouldn't cause any technical problem. From my perspective that's impossible. The kinds of problems you may be left with are

- obviously leftover useless files will use some disk space. If you are desperately short of space you may need to clean up - but don't waste time just to be tidy.

- if you have a newer version of an app as well as a 32-bit version you might end up running the wrong one, especially if you've spent years clicking in a particular place. Probably best to stick with it until your fingers learn where the new apps are.

- the old app might appear in the Dock. If so, delete it from there. The Dock is NOT your files or apps, it's just shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines