Adobe 8 Professional deregistering

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

I had Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional installed on my home PC but it needed to get rebuilt. I tried deregistering and it wouldnt. I found various web pages to try and fix the issue, all of which i followed (that included modifying windows "hosts" files), all with no success.

I tried installing it on the new PC but it requires activation, which i cannot do as i can't deregister the old version.

And today i see on that Adobe help pages that bteh servers are aged and issues will be encountered for pre 9 versions of the software.

I have the original CD case and CD in front of me (literally) with the serial number.

Ive been told to post here so a moderator can assist me further

Cheers

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can no longer activate acrobat 8 because the activation servers are offline (Adobe Creative Suite archive).  there's no work-around other than updating to a current acrobat version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines