• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe application manager fails to update/install

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me resolve this error and update App Manger properly.

I have downloaded and am running Creative Cloud CS6 versions of Illustrator and Photoshop that I installed back in Decmember.  Now I'm trying to download more applications and am encountering this error:

I click 'download' on InDesign (for example)

Download initiates launch of Application manager, App manager opens main window then "initializing installer window"

Application manager flashes this warning for a split second: "other instances of adobe application manager are currently running which must be closed before installing this product. Please close or wait for them to complete." (see image). This warning closes on its own after just a second.Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 10.18.55 PM.png

Then it continues to install for a few minutes, asks for my password then fails with the message, "We've encountered the following issues, Adobe Application manager failed to install" (no error number, see image)

Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 8.16.51 PM.png

Photoshop and Illustrator still run fine, but none of my Adobe apps (including Air) will update properly now. I have tried deleting the App Manger files from applications > utilities and re-installing, but that also creates an error.

I have searched for duplicate app manager files but have come up empty.  I've run the support advisor app and it checks out fine.  I have a token from that if it helps. 

I'm running iMac 10.6.8 and I also have CS5 installed on this computer if it makes a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.   I'd like to be able to run the apps I'm currently paying a monthly fee for.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

I tried updating abobe application manager manually from adobe website.. and this resolved my issue.. and then able to update photoshop cc as well.

try this. 

for windows : http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

for mac  :  http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer.

then, before doing anything else, launch adobe application manager.  if that launches ok, update the programs that you want to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repaired permissions, removed any login items from my startup folder (just in case) and restarted. 

Encountered the exact same behavior as above. AAM won't finish update so I can't install or update any new Adobe applications.

What are my next steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Note that I have CS4 installed, as well as Creative Cloud CS6, not CS5. I was mistaken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see if this patch resolves your problem: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it and now getting new error:

"Installer failed to initialize.  Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect problem.

I ran Adobe Support Advisor again, did not detect any problems.  Support token:

40-31690-073720022013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see if this fix works for you:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4362587

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating abobe application manager manually from adobe website.. and this resolved my issue.. and then able to update photoshop cc as well.

try this. 

for windows : http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

for mac  :  http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me.

Many thanks.

DJC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to write this information cause it was so darn frustrating and after two days I finally got it - so here goes - resolution:

I'm running windows 7, and was trying to download cloud which apparently I was forced to do based on my subscription base (was on CS6 before that)

Step 1: start task manager and close ALL adobe running apps including akami session

Step 2: click on the windows icon and type in search bar %appdata%, enter

Step 3: in browser bar above of folder, click on "appdata" (my file directory when i typed step two was C:\Users\study\AppData\Roaming, and I need to be be at C:\Users\study\AppData)

Step 4: Click Local, then Adobe, then oobe, delete the oobe file

Step 5: Go the the following to download the "cleaner tool": http://download.macromedia.com/pub/creativecloud/cleanertool/win/Adobe_Creative_Cloud_Cleaner_Tool.z...

Step 6: Unzip the file and click on the AdobeCreativeSuiteCleanerTool.exe, that was in my directory as follows (dependent on where you download and unzip of course) C:\Users\study\Downloads\adobe_creative_suite_cleaner_tool (1)\win

Step 7: select (e) in the black box for "english", select (y) for yes, select creative cloud (whichever option # that is) and again anything with creative cloud (this did NOT delete my other adobe files, which I feared may - but I was simply instructing it to clean/delete the creative cloud.

Step 8: close the black window

Step 9: Click here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773  and download the creative cloud adobe application manager

Step 10: Run the application

Step 11: Log in and download the software you want

If that doesn't work, what I did is between steps 4 and 5 I restarted my computer, then I went into task manager and closed all adobe apps.  I'm not sure I had to do this step but I was desperate after 2 days doing whatever.  Each tech person gave me different information.  The last person helped me best, but I spoke with her via chat AFTER I had rebooted the computer.  If you need support click http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and I personally did the "chat" so I wouldn't have to wait.

Hope this helps anyone who hasn't figured it out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone dealing with this issue, I tried all the suggestions short of reinstalling all the apps. I was getting the error for Adobe Application Magager failing to install, the updater failing to initialize, the Creative Cloud app with a blank white screen under the dark header bar, unable to launch CS6 or CC apps, etc.

Here's how I fixed it:

- In the Finder, go to: /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager

- rename the "Adobe Application Manager" folder to something like "Adobe Application Manager_old"

- run the Adobe Application Manager installer again.

Fixed!

I noticed that the so-called installer was indicating it was an updater, so there must be some corrupt file in the Adobe Application Manager folder that is causing the issue. I was able to log in to the Creative Clud app, and launch all my CS6 and CC apps no problem after installing with this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe SUCKS! I hate this incompetent company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS5 it only needs to reinstall the latest Adobe Application Manager (AAM). Download from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4774&fileID=4438

1. Close all Adobe apps.

2. Install AAM.

3. Update your Adobe apps from the help menu in an Adobe app like InDesign or PS. (double-click on AAM don't works!)

4. Celebrate 🙂

Otherwise read this: Error: "Adobe Application Manager is needed" in Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 and CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if you quit the installer when it says "failed to initialize" and go into your c drive, click on "program files x86", go into "common files", then into "adobe", then rename the file OOBE to "OOBE.old" This worked for me on windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bro i know I'm 4 years late, but thanks! you're a lifesaver!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines