• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe application manager needed for CS5

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just d/l and installed 3 updates for AI, ID, PS from the Adobe site. The update application isn't working. After d/l and trying to install Adobe Bridge 5.02 twice, I've gotten the same error message:

Adobe Application Manager is needed to resolve this problem, however it is missing or damaged. Download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager or install this product again.

It must have been working to do the other updates. I just d/l the Applications Manager for CC, which says it works for CS5, but to only run if I get one of 2 error messages:

• Adobe Application Manager is needed to update your product.

• Adobe Application Manager is needed to start your trial.

My error message is different but to me, implies the same thing. Should I install it?

I'm on a mac 10.9

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: the patch doesn't work.

Does anyone know how I can update Adobe Bridge for CS5 with a damaged or missing Application Manager?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karasmason I would recommend uninstalling Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign using the uninstallers located in the Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers folder.  To ensure a complete removal then please also utilize the CC Cleaner Tool.  You can find details on the use of the CC Cleaner tool at Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Once the current installation is removed you should be able to reinstall and apply the updates.  This should also allow you to replace your current installation of the Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response Jeff. I had just installed the Adobe software on a brand new computer that had just had a clean install done by Apple less than 48 hours earlier. I don't use Adobe Cloud or any of the online services. The Adobe Updater appeared after I opened ID for the first time.

"The tool removes installation records for prerelease installations of Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications. It does not affect existing installations of previous versions of Creative Cloud or Creative Suite applications."

Does this mean that there were some prerelease installation files on my CDs? This just doesn't make sense to me unless it's possible that something traveled with a document from my previous computer. I never had any trouble with CS4 and CS5 existing together before.

Does this change your thinking at all?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jeff_A_Wright

Do we have any other work arounds we can try? It seems the product is bricked. Has Adobe recended the licsenses we purchased?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into this issue myself. Also stuck, no solution.

Hello from 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines