• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Application Manager password not working?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to sign in to my Adobe account with no problems, but when I go to update my PS and LR programs and the Adobe Application Manager pops up it does not recognize my password. Please help! I am still using PS6 and LR5 - could this be part of the problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

When you are installing or updating, that is MOST LIKELY your computer operating system asking you to prove that you have permission by asking for your COMPUTER password, not your Adobe password https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2139902

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are installing or updating, that is MOST LIKELY your computer operating system asking you to prove that you have permission by asking for your COMPUTER password, not your Adobe password https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2139902

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 7.20.41 AM.pngThanks for getting back to me. This is a screen shot of the AAM that is asking me to sign in before I can download any updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That box is generated by your OS X operating system. Nothing to do with Adobe.

It is asking you to enter a local administrator username and password for your computer to permit files to be modified on your local hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, my OS X codes are not working. Guess I'll be calling Apple to try to unravel this. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's based on your user account and password for your Mac.

You need to make sure that the user you are signed in on your Mac has Admin privileges.

Apple will not be able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing is I just updated my Adobe products on my desktop computer with my password and it worked perfectly. Do you think this has to do with that fact that APPLE just gave me a new hard drive for my laptop which is the computer I am having issues with?

Also, can you kindly explain how I figure out what you said - that the user you are signed in on your Mac has Admin privileges.

Maybe that is all I need to do to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your System Preferences in the Apple menu. Choose Users & Groups and see if your Current User is Admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I have spent time on the line with Apple support and have figured out the issues. Wish I could repeat all that I had to do to get everything back to normal but my brain is too exhausted to remember.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines