• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Applications Manager still wants to upgrade CS6 apps, even though it can't (ERROR: U43M1D207)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just swapped Mac computers and managed to (finally) re-install my old Adobe Creative Suite CS6 Standard on the new machine (with a lot of sweat and some help from Adobe chat). Now I have Adobe Applications Manager trying to upgrade my apps, every morning when I boot up. Every time I try, I get the message "There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207" for each upgrade. I know that Adobe have stopped doing upgrade for CS6, and I accept that, but I just want the Applications Manager to stop trying and to disable it, without uninstalling all of my Creative Suite!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have or have you ever had the cc desktop app installed on that computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on the new computer. I'm trying to avoid CC. 

However, as a stop-gap I managed to find Adobe Applications Manager (hidden away in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Applications Manager/core/) and so I have zipped it up for the time being, so it will not nag me on boot up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like you solved the problem.  congrats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that didn't solve the problem. It managed to appear again in the Menu Bar, saying Application Manager was missing.

I finally stopped it by asking Application Manager NOT to upgrade any of the apps in the preferences, by unticking them. Still it would have been nice to upgrade InDesign CS6 to version 8.1.

I emailed Adobe, and they just said to "uninstall and re-install the Suite". I have a lot work to do as a creative designer, and no time to mess about with something that didn't work before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if the problem was fixed for several days and then reappeared, there's something on your computer causing the problem.  typically that would be anything that "cleans" your computer of excess and/or suspect files like av, antimalware etc.  if you upgraded your os just prior to this problem, that's a source of "cleaning" programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how on a Mac (I'm on Windows) but there should be a way to stop that program from running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines