Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Running BigSur 11.2.2

Every time I use Photoshop, InDesign, or any of the other creative apps I'm crashed out to a black screen of death. It might happen after two minutes, it might happen after 30 minutes - but it always happens!

I've run every variable of Clean My Mac. I've deleted every cache and temp file I can find. 

It's ruining my life! I've got the MAC sitting on a huge fan to make sure it's not a temperature thing, and running Macs Fan Control. All seems ok.

My battery is in good health ...

Anyone else ever seen this issue? It doesn't look like hardware.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets, Collaboration, File sync, Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens if you restart your computer, open ps and walk away for an hour?

ie, you do nothing when jps is open, does it still crash?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent question. No, it doesn't. Seems to happen when I'm doing something active in the program, although I don't believe there's any specific single action.
On the advice of tech support, I've switched off any GPU functions in Photoshop - but it happens using InDesign too so there's that ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install a temp monitor and watch the temps as you use ps with gpu acceleration disabled (and if it doesn't crash, with it enabled):

Top 10 Mac Temperature Monitors (bestmaccleaner.com)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kglad, I've been running Mac Fans Control but I've installed TGPro now, we'll see if it gives any better idea. However, with Mac Fans, PLUS a fan-cooled laptop stand, I've been keeping the temp below 90 even while running Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

keep us posted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines