Highlighted

Adobe Backround processes constantly running even when adobe creative cloud is off

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there have been multiple posts on this topic before but I wanted to try and get a straight answer from an adobe rep: why are we forced to run Adobe backround processes even when we are not using any adobe software. Where is the option in creative cloud to disable this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Backround processes constantly running even when adobe creative cloud is off

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there have been multiple posts on this topic before but I wanted to try and get a straight answer from an adobe rep: why are we forced to run Adobe backround processes even when we are not using any adobe software. Where is the option in creative cloud to disable this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums and there's not simple explanation for what you're seeing.  in fact it's not even clear there's a problem with what you're seeing.

that said, adobe processes should be using a small percentage of your resourse.  here's a ss of my adobe usage:

Screenshot - 9_16_2019 , 1_49_52 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have pointed out the problem yourself; Adobe creative cloud runs backround processes even when you have exited the program. It's irrelevant whether or not they only take a small percentage of system resources, I as a user should be able to decide when I want the program to run or not. Is there no option to turn any of this stuff off?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can terminate them in task manager or your activity monitor, but there's no option to disable their restart.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, seriously eh? Thank you for the help anyways, I know it's not your fault adobe is this anti-consumer but it just irks me a bit. I guess it doesn't matter to them because they have a monopoly on the graphic design market. Sorry if I sounded a bit peeved, have a good one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

De_void as Kglad indicated it is entirely normal for their to be Adobe services running in the background if you have a Creative Cloud membership. There are several services included with the service that require some of these processes. If you feel that the amount of CPU usage is to high then please contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct assistance can be provided to review your situation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that it's "Normal", but I think it's very reasonable for a consumer to want to decide when and how programs run on their machines. Now of course I can just go into my services.msc and manually disable a bunch of the programs, or just end them in task manager, but that is a huge pain and shouldn't really be necessary. When a user hits the exit creative cloud option, they should actually be exiting creative cloud, not half exiting it. If there is no way currently to make that happen through the program, and there is no way for me to simply run adobe software without creative cloud, then I will write a letter to support about this because it is a big problem if any company forces you to run their software when you don't want them to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open CC Desktop App.  Use Ctrl + W and select QUIT.

Your software does not require CC Desktop app to be open.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you see this is exactly the core of the problem Nancy, quitting creative cloud does not mean that creative cloud actually stops running in your computer's background and using system resources. Take a look for yourself: This screenshot is from after I have "quit"  creative cloud. Please just explain to me what this is and why I have to manually hit end task on 6 different Adobe programs (potentially more) to get CC to actually stop running when I want it to. This is a really big problem, not just from a security standpoint, but also for users with less system memory to spare, and just out of the principal of users having control over what runs on their computer. Capture.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0% means nothing.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very observant of of you Nancy, but that is CPU usage not ram. Totals to around 200 mb of memory usage. That isn't big for me, but for some it sure is, and it's also worth mentioning that the usage fluctuates. Additionally, we get back to the principal of choosing when software runs on your computer. I have 2 very simple questions, and a very simple request for adobe.

The first question is this: Is it your intent to shadily keep your programs running in the backgrounds of your users computers without them knowing even after they have clicked "Exit creative cloud".

The second Question is this: What exactly are these background programs doing while they are running?

The third request is this: If you have nothing to hide, allow users the simple option of opting out of having your software run in the background after exit instead of forcing people to use task manager and services.msc to try and fight these programs. This is a basic request and an easy fix I'm sure for your vast team of technicians.

I'm tired of being treated like an nincompoop by the people on this forum. I have tried repeatedly to contact support and been put on wait for multiple hours to no avail after even daring to mention this issue. If I keep getting silly replies like Nancy's here with "0% means nothing", I'll simply dig through your program files myself and either find a way around it or publicize whatever I come across. Please I'm just looking for a fix here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 I don't understand what all this fuss is about.   It's assumed your equipment meets or exceeds the system requirements or you wouldn't be using the software, right?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

#2 This is a user-to-user forum.  I'm just a fellow product user & forum volunteer much like most everyone else without a staff badge around here.

#3 Background processes perform many critical functions including but not limited to checking your subscription status and syncing information to the cloud.  I can't tell you how to disable processes which could potentially break your software.  That's not what these community forums are for. 

#4 Please submit feature requests & concerns directly to Adobe product engineers.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Stay safe & good luck!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0