Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2018 sucks !! [graphics problems]

Participant ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yesterday I've download the new CC 2018 version of my apps and about everything goes wrong !!

First, in Photoshop and Illustrator I can't see the composition: the windows stay empty even in camera raw or anything using the picture.

Second, in After Effect, the composition windows becomes grey and nothing more appear (picture below)

Capture d’écran (5).png

I won't imagine what it should be on Premiere Pro !!

The issues stay there whatever I disable or not the GPU (GTX 950M). My drivers are all up to date as windows 10 also.

Only "secondary apps" like Dreamweaver, Muse, In Design, Audition... etc and Lighroom Classic CC works quite properly.

For the price I pay, I would like to have something working !!

So please help me solve !

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Hi,

I Got a great news ! Yesterday, after 2 days of thinking, I've decided to upgrade my graphic driver to the new Nvidia driver (388.00 10/23/2017) and Photoshop works pretty well ! So if your GPU is supported by this new driver, I recommend you to install it !

I'll try is the next hours the others software and tell you if it the same for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes on the card and 1.14 TB of free HD space. I'm going to try the update on the card now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem with intel video drivers. I fixed it by enabling "virtualization" in BIOS. After that drivers have been installed well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the exact same issue--shows there's a file there, but can't get it to appear on the screen. You aware of any fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After completly uninstall the Nvidia drivers (PhysX, Geforce Experience, Graphic driver) and uninstall the GPU in the peripheral manager, and reinstal everything, the issue is still there .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded new version yesterday. Tried LR this morning & ALL files & images are missing.

Tried Migrate but message says No images to Migrate.

Very frustrated here too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reinstalling my drivers, Adobe CC app manager have been corrupted (why the issues are coming bigger and bigger....) so I've tried the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner but after 5 runs I doesn't run anymore (self close automaticaly)...

I don't know what to do so except throw my pc away in the trash can...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, I was able to reinstall all the apps. The all seems to work exept for Photoshop ! It's actually unable to open raw at all and before opening any kind of picture, I have to disable the gpu in PS's settings because if not, I can't see the picture I've imported. Also notice that the home screen (with Open, last documents, libraries... etc) is never visible even if the app start or if I close all the documents I've opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having major issues since this Adobe revamp took effect.  It started this weekend for us.  Premiere Pro would not open and a pop-up box told me that my windows system would no longer work with the platform. I had to uninstall and reinstall Premiere Pro.  Once I reinstalled Premiere, one of my current video editing projects is screwed up.  There are audio clips out of sink with the video clips.  There are audio clips missing and video clips that will not show on the monitor when the video clips show up on the timeline.  The audio volume settings that I established for the background music disappeared.  I have yet to look at the other current video projects I have on my work schedule, but, I don't have a good feeling about this until I see them on Tuesday, October 24 when I come back into the office.  We have major video projects and deadlines this week and this is the worst possible time for this to happen!  I also noticed in trying to fix this screwed up video project, that certain editing effects will not work even when I save and close out of the project and reopen it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man that sucks. I decided to uninstall  everything I did today and just reinstall  what was working, photoshop 2017. Now it makes me wait for 45 minutes to reinstall then at 95% it tells me that it can't reinstall, there is a problem. Now I have nothing, except money out of my bank account every month. Not a real happy camper right now. Not sure what to do next. Call them and hang on the phone for a few hours?? What are they going to ask me to do, reinstall? Tried that, didn't work. I think I'm screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like Adobe Creative Cloud has some major issues that need to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't afford to be having major video projects screwed up on the Adobe Premiere platform.  At this point, they are not only screwed up, but, I can't seem to get certain effects to work, audio out of sync with video although it does not show that in the timeline, and I can't see my video in the monitor.  So, how can I even edit anything when these features are not working properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, no real responses. I have no video in effects side or preview. All drivers up to date. Uninstalled and cleaned, reinstalled. Same issue. Tried the same and installing 2017, now it is doing the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you Reset Preferences?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I never uninstall previous versions when Adobe has a new release. It's usually buggy until the 2nd or 3rd update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call on your part. I'm going to try a complete CC removal, cc cleaner, and start all over. If that doesn't work, well I'm out of the picture business for a while. Anyone reading this post.......be forewarned and have a plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem -- I am quickly trying to finish a project--I have been watching the spinning download circle for 30 minutes. I have to give up on this creative cloud expensive software that continually updates, and is very seldom available when i need to work.  This is the last straw. I am opting out!!!!! I do not have the tech expertise to fix this. Fool me - I shelled out the expense for what i thought was a reliable company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I got photoshop 2018 up and running. Had to uninstall everything including creative cloud. Ran CC cleaner and the creative cloud cleaner tool. Then restarted the computer and started the upload like I just joined. Now I am goint to try Lightroom Classic. Not all that thrilled with the new CC. I will advise as to what happens. So far have not had to update any drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I got photoshop 2018 up and running. Had to uninstall everything including creative cloud. Ran CC cleaner and the creative cloud cleaner tool. Then restarted the computer and started the upload like I just joined. Now I am goint to try Lightroom Classic. Not all that thrilled with the new CC. I will advise as to what happens. So far have not had to update any drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well boys and girls, Lightroom Classic is the culprit. Photoshop 2018 was working fine, uploaded classic, same old problem. File loads in but wont show up in the art board. It's there on the layers pallet, and the odd thing is I can edit it like resizing and exporting as long as I don't need to see the file.

Now, three more hours of uninstalling and re installing.

I guess Lightroom is toast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone specifically al@cybercord.com and others that have endeavored to help me with my problem. My system with upgrades is now working properly. It appears the problem was in the driver for the graphics card. Where I was getting hung up is that Dell's driver detect software was giving me incorrect information. It was telling me I had an nvidia card. The machine as originally sold had an nvidia card but I had a custom upgrade when i bought the machine so an AMD card was installed. I finally figured this out by going into device manager in the control panel where the AMD was listed. I confirmed this by checking my original sales receipt where the upgrade was listed. Device manager has an update tab which I used, it downloaded without a propblem. I did a complete uninstall of creative cloud and ran cc cleaner as well as the creative cloud cleaner. I then reinstalled each program one at a time checking each time for functionality. Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, and Bridge are all now functioning properly..

I apologize deeply to Nancy OShea who insisted I needed a driver update and I vehemently disagreed. She was right. But I share some of that with Dell because of the information they were supplying was not correct and when I tried to upgrade it would not let me.

So while I'm not sure this  will work for everyone, this was my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really glad you got it all sorted .

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the acknowledgement.  Sometime we get it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to be sarcastic, but congratulations on being an unofficial Adobe Beta tester. I no longer upgrade to the newest version until they have the bugs worked out, which can take one or two more versions, i.e. 2018.1, or 2018.2. New video card drivers does seem to often be a good remedy for some issues, at least that's been my past experience. But seriously, NEVER download their latest versions, especially if you're in the middle of a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Points well taken.

I downgraded last night and working smoothly as usual.

I AM looking forward to some of the upgrades in CC 2018 though, maybe this

weekend I'll go at it again.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 2:23 PM, pjbarbour_rotor <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me: I have seriously problem with Adobe Audition cc 2018 isn't responding https://prnt.sc/h26a2i , loading stops at ImporterQuickTime.prm

What can I do with "Problem" Audition cc 2018. It's won't open https://prnt.sc/h26d57 . 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines