• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC Apps Taking 15-20 minutes (!!!) to launch

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read that many others are having this issue, but this is completely unacceptable.  My CC apps are taking 15-30 minutes (MINUTES!!!) to load on my iMac 5k Retina running Catalina.  First, it has to verify, and then it just seems to sit there indefinitely.  If I watch the contents of the OOBE, you can see the app is building some sort of cache file, which, of course, has to be redone and rebuilt every time the app updates, which seems to be be every few days.

This is unacceptable.  Adobe, you need to fix this.  If you have this problem and agree, please add your name below in the commets as a form of petition to Adobe.  

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Please DO NOT add your name below.  Submit an official bug report below with as much information as possible about your hardware, software and memory so Adobe engineers can reproduce it in their lab.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

For what it's worth, I have no problems on my aging Win10 workstation.  So I suspect the problem might be on your end.  Catalina alone requires 4GB of RAM and 15-20 GB of free HD space.

You of course need additional resources for Creative Cloud deskto

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please DO NOT add your name below.  Submit an official bug report below with as much information as possible about your hardware, software and memory so Adobe engineers can reproduce it in their lab.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

For what it's worth, I have no problems on my aging Win10 workstation.  So I suspect the problem might be on your end.  Catalina alone requires 4GB of RAM and 15-20 GB of free HD space.

You of course need additional resources for Creative Cloud desktop app + all other apps you intend to use.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Assuming your system exceeds the system requirements, try disabling automatic updates, turn off syncing and quit Creative Cloud desktop app to see if that helps improve performance. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my original post, this is a new problem in Catalina.  It is not a problem in Windows.  And for what it's worth, the systems I'm on far exceed the minimum specs for the app.  This is purely due to some very poor engineering and architecture decisions made in the CC app suite that do not work and play well with OSX 10.15.x.

Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck with your Bug report.

I hope for your sake Adobe can reproduce your problem on their end.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines