• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC Desktop App creating GPU Cache folder

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that today, if i open the CC Desktop App, it creates a folder named 'GPU Cache' on my desktop. I've read a similar post on another (non-Adobe) forum about this too.

I then tried the same on my laptop & was prompted to update the CC Desktop App. After the update, I closed Desktop App & then opened it again - the GPU Cache folder then appeared on desktop of my laptop too.

It seems therefore that this is a problem with either the latest update or my Adobe account??

Any ideas please??

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Thanks for reporting this. Below are quick steps to stop creation of "GPUCache folder on desktop" when launching Creative Cloud:

1. Open Creative Cloud "preferences" and click "Quit" button.
  2. Delete "Adobe Creative Cloud" shortcut & "GPUCache" folder from desktop.
  3. Open folder location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC" and right click on "Creative Cloud.exe".
  4. Shortcut.png
  5. In the context menu select "Send to" and then select "Desktop (create shortcut)".
  6. It will create a new shortcut for "Creative

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. Below are quick steps to stop creation of "GPUCache folder on desktop" when launching Creative Cloud:

1. Open Creative Cloud "preferences" and click "Quit" button.
  2. Delete "Adobe Creative Cloud" shortcut & "GPUCache" folder from desktop.
  3. Open folder location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC" and right click on "Creative Cloud.exe".
  4. Shortcut.png
  5. In the context menu select "Send to" and then select "Desktop (create shortcut)".
  6. It will create a new shortcut for "Creative Cloud.exe" on desktop.
  7. Launch Creative Cloud from desktop shortcut.
  8. GPUCache folder will not be created again.

Do let us know in case you face any issues with these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue after updating PS yesterday.  Your solution worked on my PC--no more GPU Cache folder.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.6 20180808.r.398 2018/08/08: 1185588  x64

Number of Launches: 40

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Version: 10 or greater 10.0.17134.1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, HyperThreading

Creative Cloud: Version 4.6.0.384

Thank you.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through this series of steps exactly, and it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doctor Hugh,

You could download and install the the latest build of CCDA having a fix for this issue from here: Download Creative Cloud desktop app .Doctor Hugh

Regards

Cherishy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded Creative Cloud today, version 4.6.0.384 I believe is the latest one, and still has the GPU Cache folder on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shaozh,

I hope you have deleted the folder once. The folder should not be created again with build 4.6.0.384. Please let us know if it gets created again.

Regards

Cherishy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets created again.

My OS is Windows 10 Version:17134.191

CPU: Intel Core i9 - 7940X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the latest Creative Cloud app installed (510.407) as of 5/13/20.  In this version there is no "Quit" option under Preferences.  Can these instructions be updated for the current program? (And why is it still doing this after two years and how many releases?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines