• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC no longer working after Windows 10 update 2004

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically, ever since I got the new Windows 10 2020 May Update, I've been getting an error whenever I open CC saying:

Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to solve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of Creative Cloud from 'http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp'

I've tried repairing the installation, I've uninstalled and reinstalled CC at least 15 times (also using the Adobe Cleaner application and manually deleting the rest of the adobe folders before each installation), I've had an adobe support guy controlling my computer for 1.5 hours and made no progress, and I've tried every. single. solution. from the adobe help site and community.

Still no success.

I suspect the latest version of windows broke something, because no matter what I do, CC just doesn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated, although I think this might be an OS problem.

Cheers.

Jim

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

UPDATE:

I found the cause of the problem. I run most of my apps of of an external drive (working on a laptop with barely any internal storage), and in the registry had my 'Program Files' folders saved on my D drive. CC didn't like this, and as such, installed about half the files on one drive and half on the other, and proceeded to conclude that the installation was corrupted. After changing the location of program files back in the registry editor, I fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:

I found the cause of the problem. I run most of my apps of of an external drive (working on a laptop with barely any internal storage), and in the registry had my 'Program Files' folders saved on my D drive. CC didn't like this, and as such, installed about half the files on one drive and half on the other, and proceeded to conclude that the installation was corrupted. After changing the location of program files back in the registry editor, I fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines