• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC Program Manager high CPU usage (also Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already searched other posts like this and tried the suggestions but have not found any solution so far.

System is Windows 10.

I have uninstalled all my Adobe Apps and uninstalled CC Program manager, run the CC cleaner tool, etc..

Aside from the high CPU usage mentioned in the title. At the moment I have no Adobe Apps installed, Only Adobe Program Manager installed and it seems to be stuck in the "Sync files to Creative Cloud" stage. Screenshot below:

cc screenshot.JPG

If anyone from Adobe is monitoring this can you please help? Or any other suggestions appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disable sync'g and retest to see if you can isolate the issue to sync'g.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the Sync checkbox (if that is what you are referring to) is shown in the checked state but is disabled - so I can't change the state of it.

(Thanks for the suggestion anyway)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try a clean install (even though i know you've done most of this already, unless you've done it all in this order):

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone through those steps again and re-installed the CC desktop app.

When I try to install "InDesign CC 2014" via the app it hangs at 85% (and does not go further).

CC Stuck.JPG

Interestingly I can see at this point that InDesign is present in the expected location in Program Files folder and I can actually launch it successfully. Unfortunately  I also need to run an adobe updater against this to get it to version 10.2.1 and this either hangs too or comes up with some message like "Update Failed - You are already running the Adobe Application Manager"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have newer versions of id installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have the CC 2017 versions InDesign and InCopy installed (but I had to uninstall them in order to uninstall the CC desktop app).

At the point of my earlier screenshot there were no Adobe Apps installed and I was only trying to install the CC 2014 version of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original Poster here...

I'm waiting for Adobe Tech support to get back to me, but in the meantime I think I may have had a breakthrough on this:

After searching through some other forum post I cam across this one:

Re: High CPU usage from Adobe's Genuine Software Integrity Service

This post is referring to a file called "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\cache.db".

Which appears to be some sort of database for license keys.

So I did the following:

- Quit Adobe Creative Cloud App

- Used Task Manager to kill Adobe Creative Cloud and any other Adobe processes

- Renamed the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD" to be something different, e.g., "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCDXXX" (if you can't rename it you probably still have Adobe process running which is using the folder)

- And finally restarted the Adobe Creative Cloud App.

After restarting it seems that the "Adobe PCD" folder gets re-created from scratch.

And (so far... fingers crossed) everything seems to be working nicely again (yipee!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I disable Adobe genuine software integrity service on Windows 10?

To remove adobe genuine software integrity service, you need to disable it, and this can be done by using the above-given method. If that doesn’t work for you, then you can take help from the below-mentioned method.

• Go to the task manager by using your search option.
  • Here you will get a list find for “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service.”
  • Right-click on it and then open the file location.
  • Now open the AdobeGCIClient file and return to the task manager.
  • After this, click on the “End Task” button, from here you can delete the adobe folder, and that’s it.

Follow this simple approach to disable adobe genuine software integrity service windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines