• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC thinks my Local Hard Drive is a Network Location

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing, no page, no nothing about my Issue, except for an entry in the Documentation, which, unfortunately, doesn't help at all. This is one of the weirdest errors I've encountered with a program to date:

Whenever I want to install Illustrator on my new SSD, I get the error "Specified installation directory is a network location" with exit code/error code 176:

Exit Code: 176

-------------------------------------- Summary ----------------------------

• 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Can't install to a network location

FATAL: Error occured in install product workflow with error code 176 error message

Though, my SSD is a local drive connected with the standard SATA3 Cables - there's no networking going on at all over there.

The only thing I could think of here is, that I had them installed on another drive which then I had to remove and that messed something up. That said, I had to manually delete all the entries in the Registry as the program (Illustrator) was still shown as Installed, but couldn't be launched as the drive was missing. I can install other products fine, I *have* changed my Temp and Program Data folders to the new Drive I got as a replacement.

How do I resolve this? Thanks in Advance!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Alright, I did, infact, get an answer.

The thing is, Adobe still has a copy saved in the registry as "installed", yet the harddrive it was on isn't in the computer anymore.

Here's what you'll have to do:

Try to run the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool via this link: http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/win/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe​

(or https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) And try to ""uninstall"" ALL products given there if these are the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you installing the adobe apps on fixed internal drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, external drive --> SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssd can be internal or external.

someone's probably going to need to connect to your computer to resolve the problem-> contact adobe support.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome. 

please update this thread with what they find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me and only took a minute to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! This problem has been giving me a headache for a week now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactcly the same issue and it was solved the same way you did. Thank you !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines