• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CEF Helper [Anyone else noticed excessive memory usage from this service?]

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else noticed excessive memory usage from this service? I'm running macOS 10.12.5 on a MacBook Pro and tonight I noticed that it was using almost 16gb of ram which is clearly far too much. I ended up having to force it to quit and I just wondered if anyone else had noticed it?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found 2 Adobe CEF Helpers on my Mac while the Activity Monitor.  One is using 121.9 MB of Memory and the other 63.4 MB.  I wonder if I can remove one of these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have 2 on my mac currently using an insignificant 132mb and 35mb.  i'd leave well enough alone though you can test by terminating one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have 4 instances of CEF helper running and I'm not running any Adobe Apps.  Consuming memory and CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines