Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud does not support Ubuntu/Linux. 

Please see the minimum system requirements needed to use Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

Topics

CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gokhan,

As I understand that you have added a video that shows how to install Creative Cloud on Ubuntu/ Linux, however, as of now that option is not available.

You may Contact Customer Care for help and support.

Feel free to update the thread for any other questions.

Regards

Kanika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the video, it looks like it's working to me. It may not be supported, but it's certainly an option for those interested, at least until Adobe realizes the user-base they are missing out on. It looks like the method only supports a few older apps at the moment based on the readme.md of the script developer.

12 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you've seen "this option is now available".
Give us, customers, what we want.
Otherwise, we will find it by ourselves (maybe in another company if we need to).
Regards,

Liwy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Creative Cloud is not yet available for Linux, Ubuntu.

Thanks

Kanika

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there plans to make it available? I am currently in the process of backing up all files and switching away from Windows 10 due to their intrusive background apps. We pay good money for a subscription and shouldn't be held to ransom by either Apple or Microsoft.

13 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Unfortunately, Creative Cloud is not yet available for Linux, Ubuntu.

Thanks

Kanika"

OHHH THAT ANSWER WAS HELPFULL! We did not know that. Thank you for iluminating us!

29 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets  be respectful towards the messenger, at least we get some feedback from an Adobe rep. Its obvious that we are dealing with a corporate alliance with no intention of supporting Linux. Hopefully a company like Xiaomi will make the most of the thousands of newly graduated software engineers and give us some alternatives in the next few years.

7 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEAH My apologise...but if you don't have anything to say...maybe is better not to say anithing

4 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

righteo  wrote

Are there plans to make it available? I am currently in the process of backing up all files and switching away from Windows 10 due to their intrusive background apps. We pay good money for a subscription and shouldn't be held to ransom by either Apple or Microsoft.

I'm currently doing the same, running Manjaro Linux. Linux is quickly becoming a superior option over Windows and as of right now, Adobe CC is the only thing keeping me tied to Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC is the only thing makes me restart my PC to open windows -_-
I hope they make Creative Cloud available for Linux someday soon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  Kanika and Adobe! Please, make CC available on Linux and I'll probably pay for it.

7 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi данилос21991410,

Kindly post your suggestion/idea under: Creative Cloud Feature Requests

Thanks

Kanika

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not supported, but it is possible due to other developers' effort... surprisingly they are not from Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set a virtual machine running your Windows installation from Linix, but it would mess your Windows activation. MS software would think it's running on another device and thats against the licensing. Supplying another CDKey would fix the activation. You would loss some hardware capabilities too but I guess it may work well.

Im doing exactly opposite on Windows - I run my Debian installation as VM and very seldom have to reboot to run Debianm as my main OS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet??  Accidentally let something slip there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second what Righteo asked. I've switched to Linux over a year ago & use Black Magic Design's products (including hardware).

Regarding the video,  the script appears to work under the compatibility layer (on Arch Linux) - but without After Effects in the list for some reason. I will keep on checking.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This lady, Kanika convince me not to pay anymore to ADOBE. And i already convince one of my friend to switch to DARKTABLE. There always is a open source way...

7 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use ubuntu because that is what our servers run on, that's it, plain and simple. If adobe won't adapt, then we'll have to bid adieu. We can't buy two machines where one will do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some helpful information about linux alternatives to Adobe products.

https://itsfoss.com/adobe-alternatives-linux/

10 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be the real answear https://www.photopea.com/

very similar to photoshop ,also includes svg and its on browser ,you don't have to install it .

The best part is free

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better than GIMP?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linux is developed by the whole world, free of charge - this is better for all of humanity than, a closed development. Why do not you want / against the people?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not doing anything "against" anyone... they are simply putting their development time into what the Adobe board of directors sees as best for the company

Cloud on Linux was first asked 8-29-2012 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1057800 and it has not happened... I do not see it ever happening

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fear_13th  wrote

Linux is developed by the whole world

That’s a little bit optimistic... Linux has it’s merits, but if I tell you that we have around 1700 Windows computers and half a dozen Linux servers, you see why Adobe is putting it’s resources into Windows and MacOS and not into Linux.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will buy adobe products when there is support for linux main distros (such as Debian, Red Hat ...). but for now .... good luck comrades

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys really waiting for such a thing?

Do you think that Adobe would let Apple get bankrupted for letting Linux absolutely take the lead?

Think of it, Linux has the best OS but they have support issues if Adobe helps them stand out that, then be certain that Apple and Windows are out.

Hint: Adobe and Apple share the same source ownership and of course the monopolistic strategy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are talking glibberish. Adobe and Apple are different companies with different strategies. They are working together on some points and are in competition on others.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's just the point, when software giants start supporting Linux - then Windows and MacOS will disappear, because can not compete with Linux

зы. how many times do translators use for a language, and how many times do I see that English is created only for machines

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has no stakes in Windows or MacOS. If Adobe decides to support additional OSs it will be based on busines considerations. I’m sure that some of the Adobe activity is using Linux systems. But not the desktop applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you add to my comment. I didn't say they are the same company. But they have no difference

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t indicate that you said they were the same company. They are very different to each other because their scope is different.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI !

I have a different point of view.

After read some many bla bla bla, i think so.

Company want only $, so Linux isnt on his visual.

Linux is stable, efficient, no cost if you want, so, for now, is a strange system for company like Adobe and Microsoft, but they use Linux inside this company, that's ironic. Microsoft use for Azure, Adobe for other.

Think, in the future, Microsoft build some version of Win10 based on linux, i'm sure.

I hope some open source product work better in the future, like Scribus, Inkscape, Gimp and other, so we dont put on WC many other money.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found that out the hard way ended up cancelling after switching to Linux 😂 With the amount of developers and web and ui/ux designers currently on Linux and increasingly opting for Linux over windows, are there any future plans for cc on Linux?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queremos Adobe en Linux. Yo estoy hasta la coronilla de Windows. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a CC subscriber for 3 years. I would very much like to leave Windows for Ubuntu. Please give us the freedom to continue our memberships on Linux. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines