• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud applications on Ubuntu/Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud does not support Ubuntu/Linux. 

Please see the minimum system requirements needed to use Creative Cloud:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 693 Replies 693
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Ubuntu Linux based operating system. I was trying to download the product and it's giving me a please try again later error message. Is this because there is no way to download these products on my current OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Connor,

Please refer to the system requirements for the Adobe CC apps:

System requirements | Creative Cloud

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abandonei a Suite da Adobe por esse motivo.
Sem suporte pra Linux.Algo que seria extremamente vantajoso para todos.Nem todos gostam de Mac ou Windows.
E não tem suporte para Esperanto (eo) Internacional language

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌creative cloud and other Adobe apps are not supported on Linux (though some can be run in wine). Adobe has yet to offer any reason why this is (some of their responses seem like they don't even know what Linux is), and are ignoring thousands of requests for it. if you're looking for photoshop on Linux, the closest I've found is pixeluvo which after a little use feels almost identical. If you want the other apps, try blender, nuke, blackmagic fusion (either in wine or wait for the next version), maya, gimp, Inkscape, kdenlive, light works, darktable, krita and ardour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've been a Mac user since 1994, and I've become more and more disappointed with Apple's products (both hardware and software/OS) in the past few years.

Adobe CC is the only reason I didn't switch to Ubuntu on my laptop and on my main workstation yet (I'm running Ubuntu on multiple desktop computers and servers and personally I think it's much more stable and reliable than the Mac by now). I guess there's a number of users who would be interested in switching from the Mac, but for most of them Windows isn't an option.

So is there any chance that Adobe CC will become available on Ubuntu / Linux one day?

Thanks

Jos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, there might not be any plans of them coming into Linux.

I am totally disappointed with Windows 10 now due to their annoying updates, bloatware (cannot remove those stock apps), lack of control and so on. Adobe Creative Suite keeps me tied to Windows.

There is a small workaround that you can run the Creative Cloud on Linux using a custom PlayOnLinux script : GitHub - corbindavenport/creative-cloud-linux: PlayOnLinux install script for Adobe Creative Cloud 

He says that Photoshop and Light room 5 works nice on his script.

They are not coming to Linux mainly because the Linux guys are more free and open source guys and therefore they feel that most of them don't buy their suite. But the real fact is, if they come to Linux, Win10's market share will be questioned. As a lot of the Linux lovers use Windows 10 just for Adobe.

Lightworks, Nuke and Resolve came to Linux. Why can't Adobe ?

I am also waiting for it.

Please make it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see Adobe CC on Ubuntu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to UNINSTALL Creative Cloud from Linux Ubuntu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For several years thousands of users have been asking Adobe, but Adobe does not care about its customers. So many are stuck on Windows, Mac or virtualization.

Please Adobe, a lot of customers have a very bad experience with your products (virtualized or double boot) because you refuse to wear them on Linux.

15 years for me. As and when, I find alternatives to Adobe products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The potential user base for Linux is extremely small compared to Windows and Mac.

It make very little sense for Adobe to do it.

Adding a Linux version will mean their developers will need to support 3 almost completely separate code bases instead of 2.

In order to do this, Adobe would need to either...

1. Reduce their profitability.

2. Reduce the frequency of updates across all versions.

3. Increase the cost of the subscription to offset their increased development cost.

None of these things seem like a good idea to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Adobe products are the only thing that keeps me using Windows.  I don't have my system set to dual-boot to do different things, it's just too cumbersome.  With Microsoft's new policies regarding what can be done on their services, including penalties for swearing, and with them essentially trying to abandon the Desktop in favor of UWP, I'm not exactly happy using Windows anymore.  I had a slightly-glitchy Hackintosh set up for a while, but that was before I upgraded my video card--I can't get full support for my video card with a Hackintosh.

So yeah, it would be wonderful if CC was available for Linux.

Seriously, Adobe, I hear people say it all the time online--YOUR software is the only thing keeping a whole ton of people using Windows.  You are the key.  I don't know if you have some sort of special relationship with Microsoft and Apple, but it'd be great if you opened up.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, is there any official message from Adobe?

The only thing that I cannot use on Linux is Creative Cloud.

Do you know other companies like Adobe, running their software on Linux?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are subscribers of adobe CC, and we need support for linux, just one distribution, just ubuntu or any other, You can make adobe CC compatible with wine, It's time to stop ignoring the Linux community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this

Dov Isaacs (Adobe Staff) "This simply won't happen unless there are major shifts in the industry towards desktop Linux adoption. And quite frankly, Linux desktop adoption has not only not taken off, but it has floundered tremendously over the last several years."

Re: A Plea From The People: Creative Suite for Linux

Dov Isaacs said that on the 18-Feb-2013 but as we speak the market as shifted towards Linux adoption it's just a couple of companies who is holding it back now and one BIG player is adobe themselves.

Please adobe, support Linux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a chicken-and-egg problem (also a lame cop-out).

For a lot of professionals, Adobe CC is the only thing tying them to Windows or MacOS.  If Adobe followed other DCC software vendors (Autodesk, Blackmagic, Foundry, SideFX, Unity, etc.) and supported Linux natively, we may then begin to see the migration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - the writing is on the wall. I’ve been a Windows user since 3.11 but it’s over.

Since Windows 10 Microsoft has become a malware and spyware company.

I’ve been using Adobe products since before they acquired Macromedia but the death of Windows is inevitable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe. Make it happen. The sole reason for why noone really complains about no Linux version about your products is that it is just not pronounced so much.

It is definitely needed, or welcome, as so many companies could switch to Linux.

There are many advantages of using Linux - no need for paying tens of thousands for Windows licenses, using the same equipment while reaching greater performance since Linux is consuming much less unnecessary resources like CPU power and other. There is also no need to go the so much more expensive way and buying Macs.

It makes a lot of sense to port CC to Linux. I would also much appreciate it, because the only thing holding me back from switching to pure Linux in my workflow is that I pay for CC which is not available on the platform yet. Otherwise, all other tools I use work on Linux nicely.

I am sure that there are so many hitches to overcome when porting the whole suite to Linux, but in a few years it will be worth the struggle and resources spent.

Please make it happen! So many people are looking forward to it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to have Adobe Light Room and Photoshop on linux.

While it didn't happen and Adobe doesn't even reply on plans, there list of photoediting software on linux is growing:

Beside GIMP and DarkTable

commercial product from Coral AfterShort 3 is officially leased for linux with support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I was stuck with an OS that I did not like due to some software, but for years I have totally migrated to Linux, I have only been using cross-platform software for a long time, preferably Free and Open Source. I'm no longer a slave to software!

Previously I paid Adobe monthly, but I've also used pirated versions, but today I do not need it, not for free! Goodbye Adobe, but I dispense your ads in my email, lost between the Spans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CesarAzevedoJr  wrote

but I've also used pirated versions

So you are a reason why Adobe needs to invest heavily into software protection products.

Do you contribute to the Free and Open Source software?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  escreveu

CesarAzevedoJr   wrote

but I've also used pirated versions

So you are a reason why Adobe needs to invest heavily into software protection products.

Do you contribute to the Free and Open Source software?

When I say "I used pirated" it does not mean that I have used it on my PC, there are many workers who are forced to use what is made available by companies.

Hypocrisy on your part! For if it were not for "piracy" there would not be this software slave industry arresting people to OS. If it were not for the pirated versions of Windows it would not be so widespread, much less Adobe would be in all the corner courses. The predatory industry allows piracy, it's like offering the child a cigarette. Adobe do not block because Adobe do not want to, hypocrisy!

Obviously I contribute to the Free and Open Source world. This does not mean that you need to be FREE and neither Open Source, the focus is the disdain of Adobe with Linux.

It's possible to monetize even though it's FREE, I'm not saying Adobe should be FREE or OPEN, it's just an observation. You can monetize with activities around the software, such as training, support and consulting, participation in potential future profits (as done by QT - https://www.qt.io/). But I think the story of Blender (https://www.blender.org), which released the source code after reaching a financial goal, is fantastic. A good example is JetBrains (IntelliJ IDEA) that releases its FREE software for developers of OpenSource projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: I'm not Adobe.

Obviously I contribute to the Free and Open Source world.

Obviously you do not say how?

This does not mean that you need to be FREE and neither Open Source, the focus is the disdain of Adobe with Linux.

There is no disdain! Just add the numbers. The effort to get the cloud to Linux and the potential user base will determine if and when Adobe goes Linux. I'm sure they have some products running on Linux internally. But that does not make a complete and stable product.

Just because Linux is your hobby does not mean that it provides a viable business model for all software.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A complete and stable product? Since when? Once again dear ACP could you help people instead of just being a Adobe PR man?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines