Highlighted

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App Download Hangs/Freezes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Creative Cloud for over a year now. By far the most frustrating (did I say FRUSTRATING) thing about Adobe apps is upgrades and downloads that hang. Every time I have an upgrade, or a download, the download process freezes part-way. There is no recurring percentage it freezes at. Then when I start the download again, it freezes again. Normally (this has been going on for over a year now) it takes me well over 20 tries before it actually makes it to 100% and installs. That is an underestimate. The number is probably closer to 50. Every time I start a download I have to cross my fingers and hope it makes it to the end. Sometimes it only gets to like 8% before it freezes. But it's not always 8%. It's different every time. One time it would hang at like 12%. Next try, like 7%. Next try like 34%. Next try like 21%... etc... etc...

I have Adobe Creative Cloud installed on 5 of my computers. This problem happens on EVERY one of my computers. That rules out a computer-specific problem.

I do have to say that I am on a very slow DSL service as I live in a rural area (5 Mbps). However, I never have a problem upgrading Windows, or downloading extra-large (several GB) files. No problem with large files. No problem with any other app. Just Adobe.

What could be the problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App Download Hangs/Freezes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Creative Cloud for over a year now. By far the most frustrating (did I say FRUSTRATING) thing about Adobe apps is upgrades and downloads that hang. Every time I have an upgrade, or a download, the download process freezes part-way. There is no recurring percentage it freezes at. Then when I start the download again, it freezes again. Normally (this has been going on for over a year now) it takes me well over 20 tries before it actually makes it to 100% and installs. That is an underestimate. The number is probably closer to 50. Every time I start a download I have to cross my fingers and hope it makes it to the end. Sometimes it only gets to like 8% before it freezes. But it's not always 8%. It's different every time. One time it would hang at like 12%. Next try, like 7%. Next try like 34%. Next try like 21%... etc... etc...

I have Adobe Creative Cloud installed on 5 of my computers. This problem happens on EVERY one of my computers. That rules out a computer-specific problem.

I do have to say that I am on a very slow DSL service as I live in a rural area (5 Mbps). However, I never have a problem upgrading Windows, or downloading extra-large (several GB) files. No problem with large files. No problem with any other app. Just Adobe.

What could be the problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 08, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have slow DSL.  I pay for "up to 10 Mbps" but at times I get throttled to less than 1 Mbps.

Try downloading in the late night, early morning hours and see if that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any problem with other apps, or downloads, no matter how large the file is. It is slow, but at least it completes.

The problem is that Adobe downloads rarely complete. I've been trying for 6 hours now to get it past 20%. It just hangs. Doesn't move past that point.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I connected my computer to my cellphone and set it to USB tethering, using my cell data as an Internet connection.

It worked! However, after the Creative Cloud Desktop App. I don't have much data left on my plan.

I tried all kinds of other options. Not sure how to proceed. Although there is a pattern: Apps get stuck on 44% usually.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing problem.  I also have measured internet service and these downloads quickly take away from my allotment of monthly GIGS.  I had trouble downloading the latest update to photoshop.  Finally, I uninstalled Creative Cloud, rebooted the computer and then downloaded and reinstalled CC.  I started the Photoshop update.  It hung at 6%.  I just walked away.  When I returned it was at 26%.  Finally, it just finished downloading.  I also have Luminar.  It had a major update.  It downloaded and quickly installed.  There are people on this forum from Adobe.  You charge us this monthly subscription fee that everyone around the photo community is complaining about.  It would help you and your company to fix these nagging problems because we pay to have smooth installations.  I shouldn't have to continuously uninstall and reinstall applications to get basic downloads to work.  Please fix these things.  Or, get rid of Creative Cloud and let us do direct downloads for the products for which we pay.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0