Adobe Creative Cloud / Desktop App / Home Screen: Constant Spinning Wheel

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud:

Home Screen / Constant blue spinning wheel

Mcc OSX LION

I had the same problem: ........ went on for weeks...

Fixed by logging out of all my Adobe Creative Cloud Assets....

Restarting machine and resigining in.....

everyyyyy where......

Seems kool now.....

Cheers,

Kai

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Creative Cloud / Desktop App / Home Screen: Constant Spinning Wheel

Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud:

Home Screen / Constant blue spinning wheel

Mcc OSX LION

I had the same problem: ........ went on for weeks...

Fixed by logging out of all my Adobe Creative Cloud Assets....

Restarting machine and resigining in.....

everyyyyy where......

Seems kool now.....

Cheers,

Kai

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2013 4
Mentor ,
Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were a few posts earlier today about the same spinning wheel issue and this was the solution for them:
App doesn't open | Progress wheel spins continually

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html

Other related threads:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5468864 (spinning blue wheel)

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5469306

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2013 1
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same (on the home tab only) but find if I go to Settings>view your updates & requests>go back   I then have 'Your Home Feed is empty'. I have occasionally see recent updates shown on the home tab too ....

Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or not??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Les_Cornwell there has been several updates to the Creative Cloud Desktop application since this discussion thread started.  Les_Cornwell you may want to quit and reopen the Creative Cloud application to see if it solves the difficulties you are facing with refreshing the home feed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2013 1
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Tried quitting (settings>quit creative cloud) & then opening again, but still no change - still the spinning wheel. CC shows as version 1.1.2.232

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Les_Cornwell have you already tried the steps referenced in this discussion by W.J.T. in message #1?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2013 0
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

No not yet - didn't think any applied to my particular issue - don't get an unknown server error & Apps tab is fine. Should i try the unkown server error fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Les_Cornwell it depends on how much effort you wish to put into your current difficulties.  Please do review all posted threads and solutions as they may resolve your current issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2013 0
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried deleting opm.db file - made no difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2013 0
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so now I have uninstalled CC desktop App, deleted OOBE folder & reinstalled CC App.

Some progress (I think?) ....  Now, on home tab, instead of spinning wheel, tab is blank. However, If I go to another tab & then return to the home tab, it then shows 'Your Home Feed is Empty'

Surely it should be one or the other - either blank or show 'Your Home Feed is Empty' ??  Or is this expected behaviour?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you reinstalled then yes this could be completely expected as it may have nothing to report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2013 0
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of the above listed recommendations to no avail. It all happened once I upgraded to OSX Mavericks (which Adobe gave the go ahead for). On top of that, certain CC apps (Audition, Media Encoder) take about 10 minutes to open, and send their CPU usage spiking in Activity Monitor to 99%.

Once Media Encoder finally opened it will only export black (and sometimes at the wrong resolutions). I would say to everyone that hasn't upgrade to OSX Mavericks to definitely hold off while all of this gets sorted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lehestro the behavior you are describing is not expected under Mac OS 10.9.  I would recommend you post to the respective application forums which you are facing difficulties with.

You can quit the Creative Cloud Desktop application and continue to utilize the Adobe Creative software included with your membership.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2013 0
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't limited to one application, although what the effects are differs from application to application. As well, I get the spinning wheel on the Creative Cloud Home column. To say it is not an effect of upgrading to OSX Mavericks quite simply is wrong. I can't speak to why it wasn't expected. All I can tell everyone is that it happens. As is evidenced by these comments, as well as the many threads on the adobe and creative cow forums, upgrading to OSX 10.9 is causing a rash of problems across many (if not all) creative cloud applications/services. I finally gave up and reverted back to OSX Lion. Everything resumed proper functionality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2013 1
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to Force Quit the Creative Cloud app. I wish to keep my legally purchased and registered versions of Creative Suite, however, all information on this forum is leading to the conclusion that you will force me to delete them in order to upgrade to the Creative Cloud.

Please provide a better solution.

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2015 3
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to resolve by uninstalling and restarting the software.  Appreciate the prompt response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2014 1
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best solution I found was to remove all software including Creative Cloud.  Then reload Creative Cloud.  I tried all above and nothing else worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2016 0