Highlighted

Adobe creative Cloud is erasing files in my hard drive with no warning

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extrenely concerned about the fact  that, when putting jpg files in my Creative Cloud File Folder located in my external hard drive (which is by default the source for transferring files to the cloud)  and proceed to sync with the cloud, after a while, and with no warning, it erased a large portion of these files contained in my hard drive, and of course also in the cloud.

Fortunately, I made a backup in another drive and managed to recuperate them.  But this is AWFULLY DANGEROUS.  

I would be grateful if someone could explain what is happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe creative Cloud is erasing files in my hard drive with no warning

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extrenely concerned about the fact  that, when putting jpg files in my Creative Cloud File Folder located in my external hard drive (which is by default the source for transferring files to the cloud)  and proceed to sync with the cloud, after a while, and with no warning, it erased a large portion of these files contained in my hard drive, and of course also in the cloud.

Fortunately, I made a backup in another drive and managed to recuperate them.  But this is AWFULLY DANGEROUS.  

I would be grateful if someone could explain what is happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
fdormoy LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would need to add moe details on my problem so that people can better understand and react accordingly.  The drive in which I installed my Creative Cloud Files Folder is an external drive (No way I could install it on my internal drive since it is almost full, and I suspect most people do the same, unless they have a 2 or 4 TB internal drive in their laptop).  Of course, in thr seeting options, I indicated in Creative Cloud app where the source folder is.  In a couple of occasions, the connection between my external drive and Creative Cloud was lost (for unknown reasons).  In this case, Creative Cloud gives a message saying that it could not find the source.  May be in this case Creative Cloud decides to remove some files from the cloud and at the same time, since they are not anymore in the cloud, when the connection with the external is back again, it decides to remove the same files in my own Creative Cloud Files folder.  Could that be the case ?

Also a couple of weeks ago, I was in contact with Adobe Technical Support and he observed a bug in my app (the app wants to create a Creative Cloud File folder in my internal drive and when I remove it the app creates it automatically again and again.  This bug was solved by Technical Support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines