• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud will not run without throwing up a window "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud". I download the app and run the installer, and it simply throws up the same window over again... "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of the Creative Cloud". I'm stuck in a loop! Can someone help me urgently please? I'm on system 10.9.5

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

We now have this kb article which goes through solutions to this issue:
Error: "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem"

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started getting this error yesterday on Windows 7 Professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the issue been resolved? Please confirm. You can refer to: Creative Cloud applications unexpectedly revert to trial mode | CS6, CCM

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my solution for 8.1 pro was:

1. uninstall all adobe software

2. run cc cleaner

3. install cc again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1uninstall creative cloud from cleaner tool

rename  the entries from

c:/programme files(x86)/commomn files/adobe/aamupdater inventory

aam updater

oobe

adobe application manager

2)c/programme files/adobe

adobe creative cloud

delete adobe creative cloud

3)rename

c:/users/username/aamupdater

c:/users/username/oobe

rename both the files

then install creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked. thank you. i didn't have to uninstall all my CC apps thank to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now I'm going through this same thing for the second time. What is the freaking problem? If you're going to force people to the cloud, at least make the stuff run right. I don't understand why I have to go through this headache a second time. WHAT CAUSES IT? Am I doomed to dealing with this the rest of my life?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2015 Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I have tried ALL the Options - Uninstall- Using the Cleaner -  Renaming Directories in the Libraries- Including removing all Adobe Products from my MAc-  I can get it to work if I log in as different USER or as  "root"  but not when I log in in my usual user space!

This is a Problem Caused By Adobe- And is now LOCKIINGme out of 4 Programmes!!

I have spent at 12 or more hours on this single issue

My Mac Expert says this implies a corrupt preference file somewhere- but says it may take him several hours to find it in My system

So I have Given up.

Will Avoid using adobe Programs in future.

ADOBE needs to FIX this or REFUND all the moneys to customers who CANNOT now use there product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely understand the annoyance since I've been through it twice now, but spending 12 hours on it is a waste of time. Do what I did both times. Go to the help and support section at adobe.com, login, then find the chat option. It's open 24/7. A person came right on, was able to login to my machine and fix it in 10 minutes. I'm not sure why so many people spend so much time correcting it. The subscription method provides something that wasn't there before....instant support. Why not use it?

I have a suspicion that this isn't Adobe's fault by the way. Owning a computer is getting to be like owning a phone where they update the OS almost daily and when they do, things quit working right and all the developers have to rush around and figure out what changed and how to fix it. Then by the time they get that done, a new update rolls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone gives the magic solution here.   I have the same problem, with windows 7.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled and it hasn't gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having this same issue on Windows 10. I tried to uninstall Creative Cloud but it wouldn't do anything. Ran the CC Cleaner, restarted, then re-installed and I'm all good. Hope this helps

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A tip for those on Macs who have not yet solved a problem downloading the Creative Cloud app update. If like me, you have tried everything...uninstaller, installer, CC cleaner, manually removing files...I ended up with multiple errors (2 and then 43 were the repeats), and in the process made a mess of my programs... If you have been searching in vain for a solution, I hope that mine will work for you, too.

1. Go to system preferences on your Mac
  2. Select Users and Groups - Create a new user account with admin privileges.
  3. From the new admin user account on your Mac, download and install the old Adobe Application Manager for Mac from the Adobe site. (I hesitate to include a link.)
  4. The old Adobe application manager automatically updates to the newest Creative Cloud app.
  5. Log in to Creative Cloud to confirm that you do not have any issues
  6. Log out of Creative Cloud and then out of the new admin account that you created solely for this purpose.
  7. Log back in to your usual admin account, open and log in to the Creative Cloud App.
  8. Go to system preferences and delete the extra admin account.

All should be well, and you should be able to install or update as usual.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was only thing that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had this issue and there is nothing wrong with my Adobe CC or Lightroom installation from what I can tell....

Wondered if it was a clever phishing message to be honest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I haven't had any issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem for the first time yesterday. I have an iMac running OS Sierra. I never had this issue before updating to Sierra. I was able to solve it (so far) this way:

– Download "Adobe Creative Cloud Clean Tool"

– Download "Creative Cloud Installer"

– Open the cleaner tool and "Clean" (delete) Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop

– Restart

– Reinstall Creative Cloud

I didn't go through the step (in other replies to this post) of deleting and reinstalling all of my CC software (a total pain in my opinion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me.

However, I ran the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool which did the trick.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We now have this kb article which goes through solutions to this issue:
Error: "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this issue happen to me. Luckily I read about the free tech support from Adobe so called them and all was fixed within 10 minutes. Don't waste time trying to fix it yourself when they can do it for you - no need to uninstall/reinstall anything.

I asked why Adobe don't flag this as a potential issue and they said that, as it can be caused from any number of things ( a conflict with recently added non-adobe software for example), they cannot be sure of the individual problem until they look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again,I have to say: Adobe CC never stopped to fail in new most unexpected ways. I just have a fresh clean OS installation and after that i run Adobe CC install / with this error message. Incredible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a frigging piece of crap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too,  It says "this problem".  What problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Since it appears this issue is caused by many different things I figured I would share the solution that worked for me.

The CC Cleaner tool is a good suggestion. The only thing is the CC Cleaner tool may not work for this issue. It is the first thing I tried when I was first troubleshooting this issue on my machine. It didn't work for me, though ( you can see what worked for me below).

First, let me say DO NOT DELETE ALL OF YOUR ADOBE APPS. Read ahead first as what I did may work for you as well.

I started to get the same error recently (maybe after upgrading Photoshop to latest version (21.2)??). I tried to 'Repair' numerous times to no avail. Then I tried the Adobe steps

Solution 1: Repair Creative Cloud desktop app

Result: kept getting the error on restart

Solution 2: Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, and then reinstall it

Result: was able to delete and reinstall first time. Still same error. Unable to delete any additional times with the message "there are other Adobe application that require CC" (or something to that effect).

Solution 3: Run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Result: again, able to clean once then not again.

Solution 4: Reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app using an administrator account

Result: SAME RESULT AS SOLUTION 2 ABOVE

This DID NOT work for me 😞

Don't dispair, though...

The next thing I tries was to 'Clean' all of the installed adobe apps which, as I understand, would delete ALL of my installed Adobe apps. Fortunately, the process hung (spinning beach ball) and I force quit and restarted before making a BIG MISTAKE.

This is what worked for me:

1 Delete the items in the main Library/Caches folder (main hard drive->Library/Caches, then select all of the items in the Caches folder and delete them - You will need to enter your admin Username and Password)
DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH

2 Delete your User/Library/Caches folder (go to the the 'GO' menu in the Finder, hold down the Alt/Option key and click on 'Library'; then select the Caches folder, select all of the items in the Caches folder and delete them.)
DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH

3 While in this Library folder go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe and move the OOBE folder to the trash (this was also mentioned in Nikhil Gupta's solution on page 1 of this thread)
DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH

4 Go to the Apple Menu in the Finder and choose 'Shut Down...'
(DO NOT CHOOSE 'RESTART...' MUST BE A HARD SHUT DOWN)

5 Before you start up the system again, hold down the  Option+Command+P+R keys on the keyboard and press the power button. KEEP HOLDING THE KEYS UNTIL YOU SEE THE SCREEN GO BLANK AGAIN AND THEN RELEASE

This is on a newer iMac (2017) and MacOS Mojave that no longer has the startup chime. If using an older Mac/MacOS, hold down the keys until you hear the third chime. This will reset your PRAM (which Apple says is not necessary in Mojave and above (maybe since High Sierra))

6 Empty the trash

7 Restart your system (go to the Apple Menu and choose 'Restart...')

8 When you login, launch Creative Cloud, It took a moment for Creative Cloud to load completely (spinning red circle), but all should work fine (it did for me).

This worked! Yay! (Thank you 'School House Rock' for the Interjections!) 🙂

But...

When I logged into another user on the same system (my testing user), the same 'Repair' issue popped up. What I did to fix that user was complete steps 2 - 8 above FOR THAT USER and everything worked fine. I would think the same would work/be necessary for any other users you have on your system.

It is of import to note that I am writing this immediately following the 'fix.' I will let you know if the error rears its ugly head again and will start troubleshooting again.

Also, the same fix may work on Windows machines. I don't know where the Caches folder is (mabe 'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\' - To clear them, you can press Windows + R to open Run window, input %temp% and click OK to open the Temp folders), or the OOBE folder (maybe 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\'). You may need to search the web to find the location of both.

**IMPORTANT**

Since I am not a windows user:

** I CAN MAKE NO GUARANTEES THIS IS THE CORRECT SOLUTION AND YOU TAKE THESE STEPS ON A WINDOWS MACHINE AT YOUR OWN RISK **

I would suggest to move the files in the Caches and OOBE folders to a temporary folder on the desktop instead of deleting them just in case you need them.

I hope this helps some of you (and me too). So far, so good for me.

Happy hunting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hallo zusammen – das creative cloud update ist eine einzige katastrophe. jetzt zum gut zwanzigsten male neu heruntergeladen und installiert. das hält dann max 3 tage – dann fängt das ganze procedere wieder von vorne an. behebt bitte endlich diesen BUG!!

DANKE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines