Highlighted

adobe creative cloud set up to install on a mac with parallels windows 8

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is not possible to install the program it always displays an error message. how can you loess the problem?

error message: This application can not be run from a network drive-. copy it to a local folder and strarten it again.

Parallels Picture.png

We may have discovered why Windows with Parallels is not working. While working with another customer, we discovered that the Windows image was missing certificates for VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certificate Authority - G5 in the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities. This should be there automatically and can be installed manually from this link: http://www.symantec.com/page.jsp?id=roots

You can find out more information about certificates here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-vista/view-or-manage-your-certificates

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

adobe creative cloud set up to install on a mac with parallels windows 8

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is not possible to install the program it always displays an error message. how can you loess the problem?

error message: This application can not be run from a network drive-. copy it to a local folder and strarten it again.

Parallels Picture.png

We may have discovered why Windows with Parallels is not working. While working with another customer, we discovered that the Windows image was missing certificates for VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certificate Authority - G5 in the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities. This should be there automatically and can be installed manually from this link: http://www.symantec.com/page.jsp?id=roots

You can find out more information about certificates here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-vista/view-or-manage-your-certificates

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

usherboyzh, As the error says, are you running it from any network location?

May i know the Adobe applications that you are trying to download and from where?

Try rebooting the machine and downlaod the CC apps from https://creative.adobe.com/products

Which OS do you have?

Please ellaborate the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2013 1
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message.

I use a mac and windows on the mac I have about

http://www.parallels.com/landingpage/dskd87/special-offer/?utm_nooverride=1&gclid=CJG629Ol_7cCFUFY3g...

on the mac everything is wonderful bar. but not on the windows!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2013 0
Mentor ,
Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the real question is:

: Can Adobe Creative Cloud be run successfully or allowed to be used from within Parallels Desktop or other emulation / virtualization software packages?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T, The answer to your question will be Yes. You can install Adobe CC apps on a VM machine but in will be counted as a seperate installation/machine. And as per EULA you can use it on upto 2 machines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2013 0
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that is a policy change... 2 months ago it was not supported?

And if it IS supported, then when will we actually be able to do so? Because I am suffering from the same problem as topic starter. New version of Parallels 8, Windows 7 clean install, all updates, and still get an error after downloading and installing AAM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to install Adobe CC apps at all. I've downloaded the Creative Cloud, but on the Apps tab, it says there's a download error. All that's left is the button to download Creative Cloud. Everything else on CC works fine. I can get the Behance, it sees my account, everything, but I can't get it to see the apps available to my CC account. I even tried a web link from the Photoshop CC page, but no luck.

I really need access to my Creative Cloud apps, mainly Photoshop, on Windows. I need a plugin suite that's PC only due to it's reliance on the .NET Framework. That and the installer is PC only as well.

If you can find a solution or work around for this, I would be extemely grateful!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2013 0
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got the exactly same problem. using windows with parallels on mac. why would adobe not support virtual machines? hope somebody has a solution!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2013 0
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 8 run %APPDATA%. Navigate back to local appdata. Rename the OOBE folder to OOBEold. Right click on the CC App Manager and run as Administrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2013 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how does one "Run %APPDATA%"? For the Windows noobs?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2013 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows key + R, and type %APPDATA% in the box and press enter....then go up one folder to local, then to the Adobe folder where you will find OOBE folder. Rename to OOBEold. Then right click on CC App Manager and run as administrator. You will now see a list of apps to download instead of the Download Error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2013 0
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Parallels Desktop 8, running Win 7 inside it. I can get Creative Cloud app to install, but if I attempt to download any other app in my Cloud subscription, it says "Download Error," and says "Download Creative Cloud," even though it's the CC app that I'm in at the moment. I tried to rename OOBE, but it insists that a process is still running.

I HAVE to get this to work so I can record desktop video using the Mac while running CC apps inside Parallels.

Can you point us to resources that definitively state that CC apps CAN be run on Parallels in particular?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an  update to this?

I too am getting the "Download Error" when i click on the Apps tab.

I did go and rename the OOBE folder, and then ran as administrator, but none of that did any good.

Same error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here. I'm using Parallels virtual machine and getting the "Download Error" on the Apps tab. I also renamed the OOBE folder and ran as administrator, but it didn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sent me there "official response" of how they do not support running CC in a virtual machine.

I responded back saying how it's been working for a year and I have always used it in parallels and all they did was copy and paste there first response back to me again about how they don't support it.

Not even a word different. No offer to help or anything.

Just "sorry, we don't support running it on a vm"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I spent some more time on this, 'cause despite Adobe's "we don't support VM's", some of us need VM's. Testing stuff in Bootcamp is just not practical. So I did some more testing this weekend.

1. Everything runs fine in Bootcamp. That part is clear.
  2. Taking a Bootcamp partition and transferring it to Parallels breaks updating. You then have to go back and uninstall Parallels tools for updating to work when you boot from Bootcamp. This completely destroys the flexibility of a VM, but is at least workable. Except if you want to screen-record with your Mac application.
  3. On that thought, I figured the issue might be with Parallels tools and decided to test with a Fresh VM with Windows 7 and uninstall Parallels tools. That did not work.
  4. I have gone and verrified every possible SSL and http connection based on a support document that is stated on one of these threads on the forum.
  5. When discussing this internally, there were two general directions. Some people had it working, whilst others had the same issue as I did. Those that did have it working, seemed to all have installed their machines before May. All had the issue while starting fresh.
  6. I have tested by installing a non-CCM version of Indesign (the application I need in this case) and Adobe Application Manager works like a charm! Updating, everything works fine.
  7. From there, I tried logging in to Creative Cloud and downloading InDesign CC. No luck. I can see everything, even my behance portfolio, but NOT download software.
  8. At this point it is clear to me, there is an issue with the Adobe Creative Cloud App in combination with Parallels. I am still going to run a test with VM-ware fusion as soon as that has downloaded.
  9. Downloading the Trial installer for InDesign works great. No updates can be installed which is bad, but could potentially solve someones problem on the short term.

The thing that drives me nuts is that cleary VM's are a tried and true way of running applications. I can not go about installing and removing Bootcamp every time I need to run beta-software. One side of Adobe says "Sure, everything is OK with VM's" and the other side says "No, we don't support it". And apparently no-one cares enough to spend a little time to look into it. In network terms, there is apparently no "route to host".

Majorly annoyed at the moment. This has taken up entirely too much time allready.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2013 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for at least testing this.

I agree this does not make since. I have have Adobe CC for almost 1 year... For the first 7 months, i have alwasy ran Dreamweaver on my Parallels machine because i do a lot of Sharepoint work. I know its been working because i use it for my job and its been working fine.

A few months ago I installed the new OSX Mavericks when DP1 came out and had to re-install things. On DP1, I installed parallels and then Adobe CC and dreamweaver worked fine...Then around DP3 or 4, Paralles had an issue so i also reinstalled it, Since i only use my VM for testing and stuff, i can always wipe it and start over...so I did. Since then, when i install Adove CC, nothign shows on the "Apps" tab

Then of course now they say "We dont support it"...

Kinda funny how it worked fine for the first 7 months

Please post any findings you may have as i have exausted all my things for trying...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just went and ate my hat.

As a last resort, I went and downloaded VMWare Fusion. And... Everything runs fine there.

Didn't see that one coming. Not really a solution for us, but at least good to know.

I have doublechecked that the version of Creative Cloud installer is the same on both machines. [1.1.2.232]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a workarround...

Parallels 8 has a "convert from VM-ware Fusion" option, I noticed it when I was cleaning up my Virtual Machine list in Parallels and saw the Fusion VM. I decided "why not", ran it and PRESTO, the converted image works fine in Parallels! I have just installed InDesign CC updates.

I haven't verified the settings, for now I am just happy that I have a workarround.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a final test, I mirrored the Parallels settings EXACTLY between my working VM that I got from transferring from VMware Fusion > Parallels and a stock install of Windows 7 on Parallels. This does not solve the problem, so as far as I can see, it is not a VM settings issue. There really is something in the combination Parallels 8/CCM that is causins this issue.

For now I have a workarround that will allow me to create some base installs that I can then copy as needed. We also reported this issue with Parallels and they are investigating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We currently do not recommend using CC apps in a streamed virtualized environment. Each time an end user is presented with a streamed virtualized instance, from our perspective it looks like a new machine. What this means is that a user may be able to login, active and use that app for that instance but if the user closes that instance and comes back and logs into a new instance, that will count as new machine towards their activation count. After doing this more than two times, they are locked out of using the app since they have hit their activation limit. We are looking at ways of overcoming this limitation but don't have  a date on when we will be able to support it.

Adobe general virtualization document for supported boundries: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/technical-support-boundaries-virtualized-or.html

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 0
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're brave to keep digging at this, and you've given me hope.

But just so I'm clear, in this last iteration, you have Windows installed via VMWare, *not* Boot Camp, and then you've invoked the VMWare machine in Parallels 8? Or is it a parfait of Boot Camp/VMWare/Parallels?

If CC installs work under VMWare, why would you need Parallels? To be able to see both operating systems at once?

My goal is to be able to do just that: run CC on Windows on my Mac, so I can see Windows on one monitor, and have the Mac OS on the other, so I can use my Mac audio/screen cap setup to record Windows.

Just want to make sure I understand your Frankenstein solution before I dive in to do the surgery again.

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 0
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two Creative Cloud memberships; I've bought the second membership specifically to be able to use Windows on my Mac in a virtual machine. This is my first experience with virtual machines, so I want to make sure I understand what you mean by an "instance" of a virtual machine.

If I manage by some miracle to get it set up to allow me to successfully install CC, can I not use CC, close down the machine, turn off my computer, come back the next day, boot my Mac, awaken the virtual Windows install, and launch InDesign on the virtual PC without it being seen as a new activation? Is it not the same "reality"?

If I found that I had to wipe out the VM, of course I would deactivate the CC install first.

I know that in the past I've seen Adobe employees using VMWare to keep beta software separate from the host OS, but that was in the days of Creative Suite, before CC. Surely this is still possible.

I realize this is an odd request, based on my desire to use Mac software/hardware to do screen capture of Windows applications. But obviously I'm not alone in this, and it looks like MacLesNL has made it work.

I just want some clarification on what you think will happen when I log out and log back in to the virtual PC environment -- is that going to be seen as a new machine? That doesn't seem logical...

Thanks for any input you can provide.

--Claudia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudia McCue,

The activation is linked with the machine Id. In a virtual enviroment the machine Id changes with the machines restart which breaks the activation count and user is asked to sign in again as he logs back.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 1
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Boot Camp not a virtual machine?

I know that you can launch it, quit, reboot, relaunch, and there's no new activation required: it's seen as a standalone "machine" with its own persistent identity. I know a number of people who are running CC under Boot Camp.

Yes, it takes two activations--one for the Mac when they boot into Mac OS, and one for the PC, when they boot into Boot Camp. But the activations are persistent because the Boot Camp "reality" is persistent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodmorning!

Romsinha, I understand your point, but unfortunately there is some misinformation in there.

1. Yes, it is important to fully realise that even though Parallels and VMware Fusion create virtual PC hardware without the need of a physical computer, installing CCM on a Virtual machine is counted as one of your two activations.
  2. Rebooting a virtual machine does NOT make any changes to hardware ID's that cause you to have to reactivate after every reboot. Trust me, we have been doing this for years.
  3. Creating a virtual machine from a BOOTCAMP partition can cause the issue stated under number 2. But that is not needed in this case.
  4. Adobe allready has an excellent mechanism in place for dealing with activation issues. When you have reached the maximum number of activations, the Creative Cloud Application gives you the option of deactivating everything and starting fresh. I LOVE that, and have had to use it a couple of times during my tests.

Claudia:

1. Bootcamp is NOT a virtual machine, it is a complete separate partition on your Mac. But Parallels and VMWare Fusion allow you to point to an existing Bootcamp partition and create a sort of hyrid solution. I don't much like that solution though.
  2. Why stick with Parallels? Because I and most of my colleagues are payed Parallels users...
  3. In your case, if you haven't purchased any virtualisation solution, the easiest road to travel at this point is to go with VMware Fusion!

In this particular case, it would seem more of a Parallels issue, and not so much Adobe. It is a strange one, and I have heard that the Parallels team is looking into it. No word on a solution for the long run, but they are taking it seriously, apparently.

Hope that clarifies some stuff!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2013 0
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacLesNL,

To achieve my goal of seeing both operating systems simultaneously (Mac on one monitor, Win on the other), do I need *just* VMWare, or do I need Parallels on top of VMWare? (and no Boot Camp, right?)

Thanks so much for your analysis of this unnatural arrangement.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2013 0
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Claudia

Just VMWare! Make sure you choose the "less integrated" option when you install windows on VMWare.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2013 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up, the issue persists with Parallels 9.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2013 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MacLesNL,

Which version of VM Ware should I go for?

http://www.vmware.com/uk/products/fusion/

http://www.vmware.com/uk/products/fusion-professional/

So that I could install Adobe CC on Windows 7? Please advise.

What do you mean ny "less integrated"? Is this must to run Adobe CC in VMWare on Mac?

Please advise.

Thanks, Krishnam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2013 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just the regular version, not Professional.

I mean "les integrated", in the sense that you really run Fusion "in a window". The more "integrated" approach means that Windows applications run as if they were for the Mac, and you do not see the Windows interface at all. I personnaly think tjat is too confusing. There is nothing wrong with it, just a bit more confusing. i like having it clear that Windows is in a seperate Window.

Op 21 nov. 2013 om 12:57 heeft Krishnam <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

Re: adobe creative cloud set up to install on a mac with parallels windows 8

created by Krishnam in Adobe Creative Cloud - View the full discussion

Hi MacLesNL,

Which version of VM Ware should I go for?

http://www.vmware.com/uk/products/fusion/

http://www.vmware.com/uk/products/fusion-professional/

So that I could install Adobe CC on Windows 7? Please advise.

What do you mean ny "less integrated"? Is this must to run Adobe CC in VMWare on Mac?

Please advise.

Thanks, Krishnam

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5861525#5861525

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Creative Cloud at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2013 0
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot @MacLesNL

I will buy a copy of http://www.vmware.com/uk/products/fusion/

This will resolve all my issues when I will be able to install Aodbe CC in VMWare (Windows 7) on MAC.

Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2013 0
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VMWare success!

Mac 10.8.5. Installed VMWare 6, Win 7. Downloaded and installed Creative Cloud app. Downloaded and installed InDesign CC. It's a Christmas Miracle!

What a relief after my struggles with Parallels.

And thanks so much to MacLesNL for the guidance.

So much for that "we don't support virtual machines." Of course you do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 25, 2013 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2014 0
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS Brett N!!!

I downloaded the root package to my windows installation and manually installed all the certificates in folders G1 - G5 (just double click on them and follow the wizard).

Restarted Windows and Creative Cloud is up and running. No more contact support message

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2014 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brett N

This also worked for me.

After installing the Certs, i didnt even have to reboot. I launched CC (it had an update becuase I have not  used it in so long), and once the udpate was finihsed, I can now install any CC app on my Winodws VM

I would by you a beer if you were around these Parts..

Thank You again, and Everyone on this thread should say Thank You...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2014 1
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brett!!

If you ever find yourself down in Laguna Beach, give me call. Dinner is on me.

Brendon Cheves

Lead Developer

Hot Door, Inc.

www.hotdoor.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brendon, I grew up in Laguna Hills!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2014 0
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that was some serious detective work Brett! I just tested this on a VM I had kept for testing, and it works perfectly now. That 1 certificate is indeed visible on my "VMware-Fusion converted" Parallels machine.

Thank you for sticking in there and finding an easier solution for us Virtualised users. Because InDesign works perfectly in Parallels.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brett,

You've given relief to SO many people! I gave up on Parallels because of this issue, and VMWare worked for me (long before your discovery). But you've given us useful information to help others in the same situation. You're our hero!
[sending virtual beer]

--Claudia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2014 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what to do:

In Windows, drag the CC installer onto Local Disc (C:)

It's now on a local drive instead of a network drive (Parallels shares download folders across VMs, so it's technically a networked folder between two computers).

Run it from the C drive and install all CC applications there instead of on shared folders.

This should work for any version of Parallels and any Windows OS. It's that simple. P

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2013 4
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanocreation 76,

Tried this, and it does not work. Tried it on a brand spanking new install just to be sure.

Regards, Guy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2013 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME!!!!!

It's December 2015, you'd think Parallels would have figured this out by now, but this worked great for me. After an hour of searching and trying everything, it was a simple as copying the .exe file to the C: drive.

Thanks Nanocreation76!

Happy Holidays 2015. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oooh this seems to be working. Its downloading at least.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was much easier than this - copy the installer file to the root of the windows VM (C:\) and run as admin from there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2016 3
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you donaldc14197865 !

Your advice helps me. It works ❤️

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution works but when the app is executed the installation repeatedly fails before install is complete, so not a solution anymore

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0