Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe creative cloud with AWS!!

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently subscribed to adobe creative cloud annaual package and am using my macbook air with some moderate specs ( early 2015 model, 8 GB RAM, i7 processor with Intel HD Graphics 6000). However, i believe these specs are not sufficient enought to run the adobe products smoothly. Especially the machine is getting hanged while i was working with illustarator. At same time, i am not in a possion to afford a high end macbook pro with some good specs.

So i was wondering if i could use an AWS EC2 instace with high specs to install adobe CC and continue my work. Would it really fesiable? Please do revert back with your comments.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

However, i believe these specs are not sufficient enought to run the adobe products smoothly.

They are sufficient for most programs if configured suitably. Unless you do 4k editing in Premiere al lthe time or deal with extgremely large files in Photoshop, I can't see what you should not be able to accomplish. If there are specific issues, it would be more useful to tell us about them so peopel can advise on solutions and workarounds. The rest won't work, anyway. You can't install CC apps arbitrar

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, i believe these specs are not sufficient enought to run the adobe products smoothly.

They are sufficient for most programs if configured suitably. Unless you do 4k editing in Premiere al lthe time or deal with extgremely large files in Photoshop, I can't see what you should not be able to accomplish. If there are specific issues, it would be more useful to tell us about them so peopel can advise on solutions and workarounds. The rest won't work, anyway. You can't install CC apps arbitrarily on virtual cloud instances for technical and legal reasons.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking, so I can't install Adobe CC, on AWS Workstations?

I have been trying and it just fails. I was thinking it was a technical issue but now think they have purposely blocked it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"So I can't install Adobe CC, on AWS Workstations?"

You need to consult Amazon about that. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gobanki  wrote

So i was wondering if i could use an AWS EC2 instance with high specs to install adobe CC and continue my work.

No. CC Desktop software must be installed on a computer running Windows or Mac operating systems.

See system requirements below.

Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

Keep in mind that these are minimum requirements.  You need additional resources to support your operating system and all other software & utilities that you use regularly.   Adding more RAM and an external HD might help you without costing an arm & leg.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it's not possible to add more RAM to MacBooks after purchase.

Having said that, the MacBook Air in question should be able to run most CC apps OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

THanks all for your quick response. I did go through the following threads and performed required changes to illustarator and its far better now. So my assumption with macbook air specs was completely wrong.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2358648

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2502717

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2308801

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines