• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Suite 3 Activation [CS3 is dead & gone]

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hard drive in my Mac with CS3 died and I had to reinstall everything. I have the original DVD and serial, but it won't activate over the internet or by phone. I read in the forums that the activation servers for CS3 had to be shut down. How can I use my software? I realize that it is over 10 years old, but I have invested several thousands of dollars over the years in Adobe software and I expect to be able to use what I purchased. I already have a CC subscription for my new Mac, but I still need to use CS3 on my old computer. Thanks in advance for any help!

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

>read in the forums that the activation servers for CS3 had to be shut down

That is correct... CS3 may not be activated... nobody, not even an Adobe employee, can help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>read in the forums that the activation servers for CS3 had to be shut down

That is correct... CS3 may not be activated... nobody, not even an Adobe employee, can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. You're telling me that the software suite I paid over $1700 for is now useless because Adobe failed to plan their activation server retirement? Wow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Servers fail.  It's never planned or expected.  Adobe went the extra distance to make CS3 available well beyond it's EOL.  But now that ship has sailed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines