• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS x in Windows 7 and 10

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has someone successfully installed and works without troubles now with a version of Adobe CS (5; 5,5 or 6) in Windows 7 and now in Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro of 2010 (!) having installed Windows via Boot Camp? I use the software of Paragon (not Parallels). Which kind a OS.x do you use? I consider to upgrade my MacBook Pro (using Adobe CS 5 in Snow Leopard student/teacher edition so that I would have to buy another version but don't want to have to pay every month). 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is no longer supported.  You use legacy software entirely at your own risk.  CS5 should work on Win10 but  there are no guarantees. It was designed to work on XP, Vista & Win7.

https://prodesigntools.com/products/adobe-cs5-system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought Adobe CS 5 only for Mac. But I could search for Adobe CS 6 in the internet now to get though it is no longer supported. I work well with Adobe CS 5 on Mac OS though it is no longer supported but this software has been offered especially for Snow Leopard (having bought it in 2010). So Adobe CS 6 might also work both on Windows 7 and Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite will never work with Catalina. Face it.  If you own a Mac, you need modern software.

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Creative Suite is not sold by legitimate vendors in any country. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should not the Adobe CS 6 (is this the lastest version of Adobe CS?) work on Windows 10 though it is made for Windows 7? I heard that other sofware f.i. where the producer no longer exists works on Windows 10. And why should not someone sell CS 6 or 5,5 etc. sell it cheaper now that it is old?

I used mainly Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Dreamweaver and Acrobat. Maybe I do not know other new software I will like ... (compare Encore)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe is not compatible with the newest system of Apple now more people will try it with Windows 10 installed via bootcamp. Does this officially work properly (Creative Cloud or the older CS 5, 5,5 or 6)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "officially" for products where support has ended. Adobe will only test the current versions of products, and don't test or certify in boot camp at all. Creative Cloud 2020 is designed to work in Catalina, and if you have a Mac that is the only path I could suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cs was sold either for MacOS or for Windows. You are out of luck as there is no license available that you can acquire and install legally. If you get a legal second hand copy (if) you may try to install and it may run. Even if old software is told to run on Windows 10, the initial release of Windows 10 is not the sane as the current version. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use outdated software at your own risk.  It's not guaranteed on a different platform or OS than the one it was built for.  It might work or it might not.  The only way to know for sure is TRY IT.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped selling CS6 years ago and stopped offering it to resellers. Anything you find on the internet will be pirated, malware, or probably both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to expand a little on what John and Nancy said, if anyone contacts you here through a direct message saying that they are an Adobe employee and offering to sell you a copy of CS6, report them. They're lying and they're scammers. Pay particular attention to the user name (they often have "Adobe" at the beginning, such as "Adobe_JohnSmith" or and the email address. We often see "AdobeCares @ outlook . com" (separated so as not to trigger nannyware) in those messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To try means that I have to buy the software before and how to get the money back if it does not work. I have "called" the Adobe Support before and they referred to the following website because I told them that I do not want to have to pay for an abo:

https://adobedealreg.secure.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=de So I wonder why here it is said that I can no longer buy software CS5 or higher of Adobe.

Indeed, someone has asked me here for my serial number of my old software of Adobe and I tought that someone might have wanted to use it to work with it. I delete those emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To say you can't buy it is an oversimplification. Adobe do not make CS, not for many years. They do not supply it to resellers. Because their business now is to sell CC instead. So you cannot buy it from Adobe. The chances that anyone will have "old stock" to sell after 7 years is very small, that would not be a well run business, in the same way that a card dealer will not happen to have a brand new 7 year old model that they had not sold yet. So if a business offers to sell you CS, they must be selling you fakes. Or perhaps selling you nothing but trying to get your credit card. If you don't want CC I suggest you look for another company. CC is Adobe's only offer for professional software (except Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements, which are both consumer products, and for some reason Acrobat Pro 2017).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this company, which has existed only 8 months, have stocks of something that was stopped 7 years ago? It seems to me impossible to explain unless this is counterfeit software. They lie about prices too, for some reason: one product is shown as 149 euro reduced from 399 euro; yet the original price would have been over 2000 euro. They perhaps know that this would seem suspicious, so they make it seem like a bargain, but a possible bargain. As well as being illegal, there is a high risk of included malware. Caveat emptor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Momentan gibt es die Idee, nur von Snow Leopard auf Lion upzugraden, damit ich wenigsten Air Print am MacBook Pro habe. Funktioniert dann mein von Adobe gekaufes CS5 und Acrobat Pro 9.5.5. und Lightroom 3 (alle aus 2010/2011 für Snow Leopard damals gleichzeitig gekauft) eventuell auch noch in Lion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's genuine software and you have the original installation disks & a matching serial number, CS5 should work on Lion and higher. 

I don't think it's possible to use old Acrobat for security reasons.

I don't know about Lightroom 3.  You will need to try it and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a genuine Adobe CS 5 student and teacher edition - so I ask again if it will work on the student and teacher edition. I could use a newer Adobe Acrobat Pro in Windows 7 - could I get this for free or without spending too much money from Adobe? (maybe is has been in my CS 5 for Mac). I would like to connect PDFS in one PDF which has been possible with Adobe Acrobat. Is it also possible to sign PDFs without having to print and scan them? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same for Student/Teacher editions of Creative Suite.  They are all discontinued. Use at your own risk.

FREE Acrobat Reader DC.  Use it to comment, view, print & sign PDF.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

There is a small fee to use Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro DC.

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine the the student and teacher edition has had no Updates and therefore might not work well with later OS versions. This one reason why I did not upgrade on Lion (besides the Apple software Final Cut Express). But maybe it works with only one newer OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the newest version of Adobe Acrobat now but for me also Adobe Acrobat Pro is rather expensive. I still do not understand if the Adobe CS5 student and teacher edition really works properly in Lion (I bought it for Snow Leopard). What is meant by "platforms" - differerent OS systems like Snow Leopard or Lion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am willing to pay for software but now I am angry because my MacBook of 2010 pro does not work properly and will not do that any more simply because the operating systems changes. The hardware still o.k. I should through away my computer and buy all the "same" stuff again. I am simply not willing to pay so much for hardware and software and the garbage gets bigger and bigger, especially the one of my printers (Adobe not being responsible for that) .... I am not content with these facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Platform means operating system. In the context of a "platform switch" (which you can't have), it's between Mac and Windows. But for whether apps work, it's down to the level of Snow Leopard vs. Lion. I doubt anyone can remember or still try out your systems - you are really out there on the edge. There is no support. You can only try it and see. Things may fail completely, or in minor ways that you don't care about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Da https://www.originalsoftware.de/product_info.php?info=p121807_Adobe-Acrobat-Pro-2017-Deutsch--Window...

finde ich ein günstigeres Angebot. Ich finde es nicht einfach zu unterscheiden, was im Internet angeboten wird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines