• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS x in Windows 7 and 10

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has someone successfully installed and works without troubles now with a version of Adobe CS (5; 5,5 or 6) in Windows 7 and now in Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro of 2010 (!) having installed Windows via Boot Camp? I use the software of Paragon (not Parallels). Which kind a OS.x do you use? I consider to upgrade my MacBook Pro (using Adobe CS 5 in Snow Leopard student/teacher edition so that I would have to buy another version but don't want to have to pay every month). 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not certain what answer you are looking for here, but it's becoming obvious that you aren't interested in the ones we're giving you. To make it plain:

• All the programs you are talking about using or buying have been discontinued. They are no longer sold by Adobe. They are no longer supported by Adobe. 
  • Adobe is not responsible for changes to an OS that prevent discontinued software from running. They are not going to invest time and resources into updating a discontinued program to keep it running on modern equipment or operating systems.
  • You may be able to install the old programs on a new(er) OS, but there's no guarantee they'll work. 
  • The link you were given by support is to a page that lets you find legitimate Adobe software resellers in your country. Anyone not on that list is not a legitimate Adobe reseller. Legitimate resellers will not sell you anything other than the current version of Adobe programs, most of which are subscription-only.
  • We have no way of knowing if the programs you are talking about buying are legitimate programs, and we're not going to try to find out, either. You buy those programs at your own risk, as they can be cracked, non-working, or infected by malware or ransomware.
  • Anyone offering to sell you a "new" copy of a program or a version of a program that is no longer sold by Adobe is probably a scammer.

Did I miss anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Did I miss anything?"

No.  You've covered everything.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I ask again if it will work on the student and teacher edition. I could use a newer Adobe Acrobat Pro in Windows 7 - could I get this for free or without spending too much money from Adobe? "

1. It was possible to switch platforms for CS5 until CS6 was released 8 years ago, unless you had a student version (no switches).

2. It was possible to pay to upgrade for many years, but this was finished when CS6 was discontinued. Unless you had a student version (no upgrades).

3. All upgrades are irrelevant and gone now because subscriptions include upgrades as long as you pay.

Your position is exactly the same as someone who never had the software, with regard to the current software. You had the student discount, so that was that right away, but even without it, you are far too late. Adobe gave discounts to regular, full paying customers only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still use Encore CS6 with Win10... but I have NO idea how well CS6 will work with a Windows emulator on a Mac

Do be VERY careful if you find someone selling CS6... lots of fakes on ebay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines