• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS5.5STD jammed up after a year of use.

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using our copy of CS5.5STD Win for a year we get the pop up that our version is not an authentic Adobe product. I spend an hour on chat trying to verify with email addresses and send them the sales reciept to find out it, of course, is not under support any longer and here we are... Upgrade sale pitch! BS!

Any assistance to get us up and running again would be very much appreciated.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you purchased this software, obsolete 10 years ago, only a year ago? Then you were certaionly sold a fake, because Adobe don't sell old software. Naturally, they will be happy to sell you a subscription to the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is fake how does Adobe know to jam me up and require authentication? Being an old version but still doing what is needed to do isn't a bad thing in my book. I guess I am old school in this regard... I would rather purchase the software rather than rent it... Thank you for responding! Going to try and contact the seller and seek an answer there as well.

Are there any work arounds at this point to keep using the 5.5 version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be some ways that the criminals generate serial numbers which look valid. After a while Adobe discovers they aren't (perhaps because the pirates sell them to lots of people, perhaps by other secret means). Then Adobe will take action.

If you don't want to rent, Adobe's apps are not the right choice for you, as that is the only way. Old apps not only are usually fake, they have more and more problems on new systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Adobe WILL NOT contact you from here. But any number of scammers will contact you now, trying to tell you about amazing deals and bargains, and to persuade you to spend good money after bad, on more fakes, or much worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As TSN points out, that version of Creative Suite came out over ten years ago and Adobe has not legally sold it since 2012.

Thus, any copies you may find now are unlikely to be genuine, and so Adobe is likely to flag them as such. There are lots of scams out there and some of them have included installing malware or trojans on your system.

So please also be sure to run high-quality virus scanners and repair utilities on your computer, in addition to trying to get your money back. Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I would rather purchase the software rather than rent it... 

By @DSchwiz

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are available for a one time purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you didn't buy direct from Adobe, you probably have no recourse.  At least you got some use out of the purchase you made.  Just be grateful it wasn't infected with ransomware!  🙂

Without knowing exactly what you use or on which operating systems, I can't make many useful suggestions here except to buy direct from the software maker.  Don't use a middle-man.   And whatever you do, don't go to auction sites like eBay.  Those places are a den of software pirates & scammers who will say and do anything to get your money, access to your computer and your identity.  It's not worth the risks.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines