Highlighted

Adobe CS5 Creative Suite Updates

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know CS5 is considered obsolete by Adobe, and that they won't help you over the phone if you have a question about anything lower than CS6, so I'm going to ask the forum.  I'm trying to update all the software on my Create Suite but it always just says "Error: Try again later".  Is there some setting I don't know about?  I would assume the updates are still available even though CS5 is not their newest product.  Am I wrong about that?  The software works fine and I will continue to use it, but I would like to use it to it's full capacity by updating it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Adobe CS5 Creative Suite Updates

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know CS5 is considered obsolete by Adobe, and that they won't help you over the phone if you have a question about anything lower than CS6, so I'm going to ask the forum.  I'm trying to update all the software on my Create Suite but it always just says "Error: Try again later".  Is there some setting I don't know about?  I would assume the updates are still available even though CS5 is not their newest product.  Am I wrong about that?  The software works fine and I will continue to use it, but I would like to use it to it's full capacity by updating it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Aug 24, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Aug 24, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Updates from this page are also not working. The Mac can't open it. So how can I Update??

Translate

Translate

Sep 28, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the Sierra OS?

If so, there are extra steps to get the old installers to work...

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Translate

Translate

Sep 28, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about how to install CS5 on a Mac with OS Sierra. But my Software IS already installed. The problem is, that the Adobe Application Manager finds Updates, but is not able to complete them. There's always an Error just before completing. And it's also not working to download the updates manual from the website. It's not possible to open these files... So what can I do??

Translate

Translate

Sep 28, 2017 0
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you trying to update to?

It's possible that you're already updated as far as CS5 went, Adobe hasn't released any new updates for it in years.

Translate

Translate

Sep 28, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there ARE several Updates (list is too long to show them all here). The Adobe Application Manager finds them all. It's just not working to update them.

I used the same software on my old Mac for years. And of course there have been a lot of updates since installing the software. Now I installed the same package on a new Mac – and of course all my updates are missing.

And this is exactly the problem...?

Translate

Translate

Sep 28, 2017 0
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing latest adobe application manager and then see if Help>Updates work from within one of the cs5 applications.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Translate

Translate

Sep 28, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work. Still the same Problem. Just with a new Adobe Application Manager.

Translate

Translate

Sep 30, 2017 0
Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to System Preferences and under Security & Privacy>General>Allow apps downloaded from, check

App Store and Identified Developers and then see if Help>Updates works.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to do as Ned Murphy and Jon Fritz suggested and install the updates manually

by following the instructions under Creative Suite 5.5, 5, and 4 on this page and the procedure works for the cs5 updates.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Translate

Translate

Sep 30, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble with this link https://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ is that it goes only to the new site which has the new Creative Cloud Products and no links to updates for the CS5 suite.  I have recently reverted to CS5 which I paid $600 for 9 years ago because the CS7 version which I installed via a site license at School in 2015 had a Nov 30 2019 expiry date built into it. I uninstalled it and pulled out the old 2010 version which works fine except for getting updates to Illustrator CS5 15.0.2, Adobe Bridge CS5 4.0.5 and Adobe After Effects CS5 10.0.2.  Adobe are not going out of their way to support their earlier products and want to extort you to buy their latest subscription model.

Translate

Translate

Dec 07, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael, same problem here. Due to temporary lack of attention I accidentally deinstalled my complete CS5 suite (actually I just wanted to deinstall a single CS5 app I didn't use anyway...) on MacOS 10.11 El Capitan. I've been able, however, to reinstall from my original old CS5 DVDs from 2010 (which in fact was a quite unexpected surprise, as I'd often heard before, that this might not work on a later MacOs). But – as you say –  although the Adobe Application Manager (nominally) finds the latest updates for the CS5 apps that were installed, downloads of the respective installers just dont't happen. In my User Library there's the corrrect folder structure for the updates (gets created by the AAM, I guess) but the – correctly labelled – folders for the respective installers are all empty (because the latter couldn't be downloaded – as even the AAM tells me when I tried to update).

So it seems to boil down to the fact that Adobe has removed those updater/installer files from the servers where the AAM still expects them and that is a crying shame!

What is this? After all I (or we) have paid good money for an unlimited license of the package and now Adobe denies me the right and opportunity to update my apps to the versions their own Application Manager keeps suggesting to me??? Just mind: we're talking about a very limited amount of space on Adobe's servers here, where those updater files used to be sitting – and even this they won't offer to us who with the money we've paid to them have helped make them as bis as they are today? Shame, shame, shame!!!

As it is it doesn't help looking for those updaters in backups you might have from a previous state of your HDs (where the updated versions may have been): obviously the installer files get deleted once the update has gone through...

Translate

Translate

Apr 15, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 5 years since this discussion started. All downloads and updates for older product are removed from sight. In theory Adobe support MIGHT have them for you, in practice they won't. No, it's gone. I don't say this is a good thing.

Translate

Translate

Apr 15, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still foaming from my rant I actually – and very surprisingly – happened to find a contribution by „1rtista“ on https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/inability-to-update-cs5-creative-suite-on-osx-10-9-2-mave... which seems to solve the problem:

There is a link ( http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4774&fileID=4438 ) to an update of the AAM (dmg-file), which appears to do the trick and updates the regular initial installs of CS5 apps to their latest possible versions.
„1rtista“ has reportedly been able to do this with MacOS 10.11. El Capitan and it seems like it has worked for me (same CS5, same MacOS) as well.

Interestingly this updated AAM requests you to login with your Adobe ID before getting to work but afterwards it actually downloads the installer files and updates your apps to the respective latest CS5 versions.
It gave some information after updating that some parts/modules of the apps may not have been updated, but at first glance AI, ID and PS actually have been updated and seem to be running. ID crashed on launch with the first try but when tried again worked, too. I can only hope the apps will all be able eventually and there won’t be any unforeseen quirks with the apps due to possibly incomplete updates...

So there seems to be a way to get this to work but it remains to be seriously annoyed about that this (hopeful) solution is so well hidden in the deeps of Adobe’s download pages that less insistent users not being able to spend that much time and effort looking for it may very well NEVER find it…

As it is a problem which – however much time has passed since – seemingly still affects a number of users it would have been a sign of honesty and appreciativeness from Adobe towards these users whose money they took – even if that as been some time ago and even they may not be willing to follow their new business model – if they had communicated this issue and its solution openly.

Translate

Translate

Apr 15, 2020 0
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support.  Adobe removed links to older downloads and updates.  Keep backup copies of whatever files you found as it's unlikely you'll find them again.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Apr 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The linked Adobe updater (AAM) can't find the update downloads for CS5 anymore. Looks like the CS5 updates are not available anywhere. So we are stuck using the launch versions of the CS5 products?

Translate

Translate

May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teemu,

today I tried the link to the (sort of updated) AAM that I put in my post from April 15 and (at least) the download worked just as it had then.

So I assume from your post that even if you use this one instead of the original one from the basic installation of your CS5 suite it now reports the same problems (seems to work first but then says it couldn't locate the update files).

It actually would be quite a setback for us "legacy users" if even this newer AAM couldn't locate the respective CS5 update files anymore as it has successfully done (at least) until mid April. And it – regrettably – further deepens my misgivings about Adobe's policies of dealing with long time (and legit) users of their software.

One can only hope(!) these apparently now missing links to the updates via AAM will possibly be re-established some time in the future as – like I wrote before – there aren't (and most likely never have been) any directly downloadable in-version-updates that you or anyone else could have stored yourself for future use and there seem to be no traces of any connected downloads left on your drive once the AAM has done its work (if you had been so lucky that it did up to recently).

Too bad, this whole thing...

Translate

Translate

May 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAM indeed fails everytime, it shows available updates correctly but the update download always fails with the report "There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207".

Translate

Translate

May 19, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All old download links are now dead

NOTE1 - The CS3 and earlier activation server has been removed from service
- So even if you have a disc or saved download, CS3 and earlier are completely dead
NOTE2 - Adobe has removed ALL public download links for installs and updates
The process below USED to work (until April 14) if you bought a download direct from Adobe... an employee is trying to find out why this process no longer works, so IF you bought a download direct from Adobe, check back every day to see if the process starts working again
For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Translate

Translate

May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation is not the problem (if you have the original install media, that is), this is about updates. 

Translate

Translate

May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>this is about updates

ALL public download links no longer work, for installers and updates

What MAY work (used to work, I don't know if it still works) is to open the program and go to the HELP menu and select the Check for Updates option

SeeHelp.jpg

Translate

Translate

May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which product updates are you looking for?

Dreamweaver CS updaters are located below. 

https://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What MAY work (used to work, I don't know if it still works) is to open the program and go to the HELP menu and select the Check for Updates option

No, it doesn't work. As I and other commenters mentioned above, neither the original update manager nor the newer AAM work anymore, they just try to download files that are not there and report errors.

Translate

Translate

May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which product updates are you looking for?

Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator (CS5) at the very least. Interesting that the Dreamweaver updates can still be found (the updater can't find them). Maybe the others are hidden somewhere as well?

Translate

Translate

May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping Adobe reads this, or someone who can help. In Jan 2020, I experienced massive hard drive failure. I had to purchase a new boot drive for my G5 tower. With Yosemite as my OS, I had to perform a clean install to keep my business alive. Since I paid for my CS5 Design Premium package (paid since Photoshop Version 8), I was able to use the original Adobe discs to upload the apps to my new drive. However, I am unable to update the apps because Adobe has removed that possibility as discussed on this thread. Thanks to Covid, I am now an unemployed photographer, and I have no idea where the next job will come from. I can't afford subscription services. I can barely afford rent. Maybe I don't need the software updates to make CS5 apps work for me, but I think it's unconscionable that Adobe forces those of us, who paid thousands of dollars through the years for authentic programs and upgrades, and now that they've switched to subscription, they abandon the rest of us professionals who are struggling. Is there any hope that Adobe might help us moving forward?

Translate

Translate

Sep 23, 2020 0
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest, given your circumstances, you look for an old Mac to run these apps. You cannot run them on new Macs, and nobody is going to change that.  It would hardly be fair to those who switched to subscription to keep their apps running if they now gave something away.

Translate

Translate

Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac tower is old, but I keep it in excellent condition. The machine is hanging in there, especially with a new boot drive. I would be interested in a new Mac Pro, for sure. But the machine starts at $6,000, not including monitor or all the other peripherals I would need to replace. And then I would need to go subscription with Adobe. I'm sorry, but the game is ONE HUGE MONEY SUCK. Covid might as well have killed me. It's very difficult to see a future in photography right now. Almost every photographer I know in NYC has left the business.

Translate

Translate

Sep 26, 2020 0
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Adobe has removed all public download links, I have read that using the update process from inside the program "may" still work

At least if the computer does not have any Creative Cloud program (even a trial) installed... since installing any Creative Cloud program (even a trial) replaces the original program manager, and the new program manager does not work well with old programs

Translate

Translate

Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything, including the update from inside the program. My Mac is as far away from the Cloud as possible.

Translate

Translate

Sep 26, 2020 0
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum with very little support from Adobe staff.

Speaking as a long time product user,  Adobe has been very responsive to customer's needing help during this Covid-19 crisis.  Among other things, waiving or deferring fee payments, giving students/teachers home access to Creative Cloud tools and for a limited time, making access to Adobe Connect (webinar software), Adobe Portfolio (website) and Adobe Talent (job posting services) freely available to anyone who needed them.

While I can appreciate that you invested a lot in your legacy CS5 software, that doesn't erase the fact it's 10 years out of date, discontinued & unsupported.  CS5 updates should be available directly from the software's help menu.  If not, the incremental updates probably weren't vitally important.  Unfortunately without a current subscription, Adobe support agents can't help you with anything except an activation count reset.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Sep 23, 2020 0