• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ENCORE not included in CC?

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my CS6 apps to CC version (with few minor problems) on my both computers. Fine!

Surprinsigly, there is no version nor update to ENCORE.

Is it normal? ENCORE CC does'nt exist?

Thx

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

All is not lost.  Apparently CC subscribers can still access Encore CS6, though I'm to understand it is not a straight-forward installation.  DVD or Blu-ray files are generated via Pr CC, I believe,  and imported into Encore CS6.  You lose that easy dynamic link feature, however.  It would be nice to see that return.

http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/2013/06/installing-premiere-cc-encore-cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. This is normal. Welcome to the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that online delivery is "the future," but the fact is that almost all real-world clients want a DVD -- and we absolutely need a DVD authoring solution at this time.

Please, please, make Encore (CS6 is fine) available as part of my Creative Cloud subscription.  In truth, I would have stuck with CS6 and not joined this "cloud" had I known that a DVD authoring solution was no longer available.

This is a big deal -- it's real world business -- Adobe, I ask for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is not lost.  Apparently CC subscribers can still access Encore CS6, though I'm to understand it is not a straight-forward installation.  DVD or Blu-ray files are generated via Pr CC, I believe,  and imported into Encore CS6.  You lose that easy dynamic link feature, however.  It would be nice to see that return.

http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/2013/06/installing-premiere-cc-encore-cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that link, though have to agree.. this is a huge pain!

I just downloaded CC to a new computer with the intention of burning DVD's this afternoon for a client, only to find out that Encore is not in the CC package.

Adobe you have amazing apps that are obviously on the cutting edge, but please don't cut yourself off from the needs of the community, DVD is still a massively popular medium for a huge amount of companies and organisations, it's dieing slowly (personally can't wait till it's gone)... but it's not dead yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who goes with this method could run into the following problem...

If you uninstall Premiere CS6 without uninstalling Encore, and then update it through your Cloud app, Encore will have problems opening back up.

The fix for this is probably to uninstall all Premiere CS6 Family apps, and then reinstall them WITHOUT uninstalling Premiere again. You'll have to keep both versions of Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to diminish your concerns/outrage over Encore, but honestly there must be a hundred or more excellent apps that you can use to create DVDs. 

http://tinyurl.com/mv5sx9y

just saying....

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response is both irrelevant and inappropriate.  Studios like mine have invested time and training in Encore, and have Encore project files that still need to be used.

There was no clear warning that got through to anyone that Encore would be no longer available when upgrading to the CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not defending Adobe.  I'm a product user just like you.  Nevertheless, I kept my CS6 products knowing perfectly well that many features would be deprecated in CC -- the same as every other upgrade before it.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which other apps can us e media encoder for rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to chime in and say that's not an acceptable answer, especially for an MVP. I purchased CS6, and I purchased the cloud. This is an integral part of Premier. I've paid for it, and I've spent the time in tutorials and learning to use it. I'm not paying for a new authoriing tool, and I'm not learning a new authoring tool.

I too would like Adobe to add this to the CC collection of programs. Period. Adobe stated with CC that you have access to the full suite of Adobe Creative applications, and this is apparently not altogether true. Fortunately I didn't delete my CS6 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First opportunity I'm going to formally request Encore be added back as a CC feature.  Dynamic linking is really a major feature for us simplicity-worshippers.

I've mentioned elsewhere how surprised I was to find many of my government clients specifying DVD - not even HD Blu-ray.  Because, while Adobe may be forward-thinking, many if not most ordinary folks are not yet there. These clients were asking for DVD simply because they consider it to be the lowest technical denominator for their audience. Big-time K.i.s.s.

Last week I asked another client what file format they would like some video received as. They had no clue. Indeed most folks have no clue about file formats, for that matter.

A little earlier was my daughter's high school video project.  All had to submit as a DVD. Again, CS6 CC dynamic-linking made things so easy for her.

I find a bit misplaced the Adobe notion that if one of their programs is not moving forward, it should perish. Or at least be discounted as far as CC is concerned. If it works, it works, i say.

So I'll send in a feature request and go the optimist route.

RBG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Rob BG.

I do hope that ADOBE will listen us.

The most unpleasant is their silence about that. Why don'nt they communicate about it? They're ashamed?

I saw that in Prelude CC and Premiere CC "Encore chapter marks" have been removed abd replaced by "chapter marks". Not a good sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same experience, I removed all my CS6 apps, and downloaded the shiny new CC ones. I had a customer requesting DVD's and BD of a project I did a few months ago. What? No Encore? Please Adobe, listen to us. 95% of my customers still require DVD's. Very few want BD, but there are a few anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The technical support of Adobe offers a temporary solution.

To keep Premiere CS6 along with the new CC version so Encore is still present.

The trouble is that all dynamic links work awkwardly and that opening a Premiere CC edit file must be done via opening the CC application then opening the file.

Overall a real headache... So, I also hope that Adobe will listen to their users and offer an Encore CC version soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled the whole CS6 Master Collection but Fireworks CS6 and Encore CS6. The only solution I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's really deceiving is that on the Encore page on Adobe's site, they say, "Get it as part of Creative Cloud."

Between Encore and Story, it's been really frustrating because I've left Final Cut Pro because of they way Apple treated it's user community. It looks like there is some of that same "we know better than you" attitude at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't noticed that the Encore page says "get all the desktop apps with CC", thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea that one of the important apps, Encore, was left out of CC when I signed up for it. Most of my customers are still demanding DVD's. In fact, some of these are screenings of independantly produced movies, for Sundance and other festivals. I definately get the impression that many people still need and demand DVD's. I hope Adobe will listen and add Encore to the CC list of desktop apps.

I actually switched over to Adobe Premiere and Encore a few years ago from Sony Vegas and DVD Architect. I am at this moment considering whether I should switch back, but I'll wait a bit and see if Adobe decides to support Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We like options - we don't know what format the clients will want.  Omitting the dvd, blu-ray option is big mistake.  I understand streaming is the future, but DVD & Blu-ray is the present, and right now I need to take care of the present. Using Encore CS6 is a work-around, but not a solution. If Adobe needs to cut-back and save money, they should omit several other of the "experimental" apps that come and go and invest more into the core apps, Encore had a lot of potential and I was looking forward to its future. I'm thinking about cancelling CC and going back to Final Cut studio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for encore cc.

<Getting down on knees...>

Please Adobe, please give us the dynamic links. We are still in real world. I'm paying for the package. Please give us (i.e. customers) what we want.

</Getting down on knees...>

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to have to agree with you there. you really screwed a lot of us over Adobe. I love you but this is a major let down and I have one pissed off client due to the delay. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sucks!

Adobe asks us all to pay for a new version of their product and they remove functionality. This is no way to keep your customers happy.

Support Encore at the current version of your software Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate DVDs, I hate MPG2 quality, I hate overlays button limitations, I really hate how aliasing-banding-pixealted my work looks in a dvd.

BUT I HATE MOST WHEN ADOBE DOES THIS KIND OF STUFF !

Today I need to reuse a encore project for a client. is a project I did last year before I get into CC.  a huge huge huge authoring.  talking about more than 100 links

well, thank you so much Adobe!! now I will need to waste 3 or 4 days re doing it in DVDSTUDIO pro.

adobe: are you going to pay me for the days I will have to work on this? because I can't charge this on my client is not his fault ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbeliveable!  I am up at 5:00  AM excited because I finally mustered the resources to pay for Creative Cloud knowing I'd be able to publish to DVD the huge project I completed using the trial version.   Note: I have a licensed copy of Premier Elements which authored to DVD just fine.  Now I see (and agree with many above) that Adobe is doing everything in their power to alienate and drvie away many loyal customers.  This is rediculous! 

I was NOT happy when I discovered the ability to author to DVD had been pulled out of Premier Pro and supported in a separte tool (Encore).  You can only imagine my level of disappointment and frustration now that I have my CC licensing and discover that Adobe in their infinite wisdom has decided that authoring to DVD is not something they want to support without making it a separate profit center.  I am now confused how to even download Encore.  I just visited the encore page and "Part of Creative Cloud" is all over the place!  Seriously?  This defines the term "FAIL"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mind continues to boggle over this issue.  Just had yet another video project we had to bid on that requires a DVD deliverable.  To me, this is either a disconcerting indication that Adobe is not in tune with its user-base and technology, or worse, arrogantly believes it can set the technical agenda regardless of user needs.  DVDs (and Blu-rays) may be old school but it is technology that continues to be ubiquitous, understood and valued by viewers.  Clients appreciate this.  Contrast this with the seemingly hundreds of often competing digital video file-based permutations that remain as mysterious to mom & pop as alchemy. Consider that 4K disc standards and technology are feverishly being developed as I write this.  Adobe will then sheepishly be returning to abandoned discs?

What Adobe wants you to do, MikeTheGeek, is actually load an old version of Premiere Pro, so that it will run a functional but marginalized Encore.  Not a lovely prospect from the POV of simplicity or if you have limited SSD drive space.  I don't know about anyone else, but I have no time for complexity.  Just make it work. And it was all just so beautiful invoking DVDs right from the PPro CC program.  No Hassle at all.  What kills me is that Encore still remains there fully-functional, ready to go, to be bragged about as yet another integrated program provided by Adobe CC. 

For their part, Adobe enthusiastically recommends that we should suggest Encore as a new CC feature for them to consider. Uh-huh.

The more I use CC the more I like it. It's just too bad for this little bit of short-sightedness.

RBG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines