• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Experience Design on Win 10 Install - Error Code: C191

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to install Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) on Windows 10 and when it gets to 94% complete it gives this error. Any idea how to resolve?

Adobe Experience Design Error.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

I faced the exact same issue while installing Adobe XD and I tried everything that I could possibly find on the Internet and nothing seemed to work for me. But I finally found the solution after 3 days of trial and erros.

1. Press Window key + R, type appwiz.cpl and press enter button.

You'll see the list of installed programs on your computer.

2. Scroll to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installations, you'll have a lot of them ( I had  programs from 2005 to 2019)  Right click on each one ind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this thread may be useful... at least for determining the possible cause.

Installer issue with exit code 191

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks CoreyRLucier​. I tried this but didn't have any luck. My TEMP and TMP variables were originally set to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp. I tried setting them to c:\WINDOWS\TEMP and restarted the computer, ran the install and got the same error. I also tried creating a local admin account, restarted the computer, tried the install under the new local admin account, and still got the same error. I found this detail in the error message if helpful:

Exit Code: 191

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:0.6.16.7

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 0.6.16.7). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml

Adobe.CC.XD

C:\adobeTemp\ETRBD24.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appxbundle

x64

CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US

adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00

x64

CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US

C:\adobeTemp\ETRBD24.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code 1

ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troygeek if you begin the download and install experience through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application do you receive the same error?  You can find details on how to begin the installation process at Download and install Creative Cloud apps .

Also if you run Windows updates are there any pending updates available for Windows 10?  If so please apply the updates prior to attempting the installation.  Adobe Experience Design requires all of the latest Windows updates be installed prior to installing successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright​ - no luck installing through the Creative Cloud desktop application. I can get other applications to install like Illustrator CC 2017 but I get the same error (191) when trying to install Experience Design. My computer is up to date with all updates/patches available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you for the update Troygeek.  I would recommend either waiting for a new release of Experience Design XD (Beta) or contacting our support team directly at Contact Customer Care .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright​ - I tried contacting support but when I use Experience Design as the product the only option available for support are these forums.

Other thoughts? Or other ways to get in touch with support?

Thank you,

Troy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troy I would recommend utilizing an alternate web browser if you are not being given an option to chat with a member of our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright​ - I think the option to use the forum only is because Experience Design is in the category of 'free' apps on the support site. When I choose Experience Design under free apps it initially shows two options, one for this forum and another for chat. As you choose the options on the support page (experience design -> install issue) the chat option disappears and the only option is to use this forum.

I've tried this on a Windows computer using Chrome and a Mac using Safari and both have the same behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for the update Troy.  If you are not being given the option for direct support then I would recommend evaluating Experience Design XD (Beta) on a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find a solution in my case. (it may works for others)

1. If you have windows update disabled , activate it.

2. Run cmd as administrator and put this (sfc /scannow) don t put those parenthesis only the text.

3. Once the comand has finished , reboot your pc.

4. Now try again to install Adobe Experience Design (Beta).

5. Hope this will help you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I faced the exact same issue while installing Adobe XD and I tried everything that I could possibly find on the Internet and nothing seemed to work for me. But I finally found the solution after 3 days of trial and erros.

1. Press Window key + R, type appwiz.cpl and press enter button.

You'll see the list of installed programs on your computer.

2. Scroll to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installations, you'll have a lot of them ( I had  programs from 2005 to 2019)  Right click on each one individually and click on MODIFY, then press REPAIR. Repeat this for all the one which have the option.

3. Restart your computer, and install again It'll be installed this time.

NOTE : I tried everything from  Adobe help for error 191 and then did this at last to fix my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines