Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CC download for macOS 10.13.2

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm interested in learning about editing/writing my own scripts for After Effects CC 2018, but the I don't seem to have the Adobe Extendscript Toolkit available to download under my Creative Cloud App. Is there a reason for this, and if so are there any alternatives I could use?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Hi Guyh39507624,

As you have mentioned you would like to download Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CC, you may do that using your Creative Cloud desktop app.

Please launch your CC desktop app and go to settings wheel in the top right corner > Click 'Preferences' > Click 'Creative Cloud' > now click the check box for 'Show older apps'

Now go back to apps list and you should be able to see the  Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CC listed under it, click 'install'

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guyh39507624,

As you have mentioned you would like to download Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CC, you may do that using your Creative Cloud desktop app.

Please launch your CC desktop app and go to settings wheel in the top right corner > Click 'Preferences' > Click 'Creative Cloud' > now click the check box for 'Show older apps'

Now go back to apps list and you should be able to see the  Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CC listed under it, click 'install'

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

in 2018 app there no show older apps, how can I download Extendscript Toolkit in this case?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kamel3d, this feature is only available for full Creative Cloud members.  Do you have an active Creative Cloud membership?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, is there a new Toolkit version for macOS Catalina? Only 64 bit apps work, and the older one is 32. Is this product dead in the water? Not big priority for Adobe?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VS Code has extensions now that let you run and debug extendscript

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're Welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can you find the "Show older apps" feature in the latest release of the Creative Cloud desktop app?  I'm trying to find Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Settings wheels in the desktop app (top, near the right side); click Apps in the left pane; scroll down to reveal "Settings Show older apps" button. However, I just tried it and ExtendScript is not listed. Prior versions of ESTK are not compatible with Mac OS 10.15.x Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only responding to freshen this correct answer which works up to 10.14.x but not necessarily 10.15x.  Every tutorial, Adobe and other assumes you have the toolkit installed and open.   Thanks to Bani_Verma.

"CC desktop app and go to settings wheel in the top right corner > Click 'Preferences' > Click 'Creative Cloud' > now click the check box for 'Show older apps'

Now go back to apps list and you should be able to see the  Adobe Extendscript Toolkit CC listed under it, click 'install'"

Now the toolkit is in it's own folder in your applications, not nested with other Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when it will be available with Catalina ? i really need this tool..
Is very hard to develop without that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Adobe support does is copy-paste the standard responds "creative app", well, it's not there. Stop copy-pasting, and actually look at the creative cloud yourself... I just want ESTK for CC, and the download link is down for weeks now, an hour on a support agent result in nothing, extremely incompetent... sorry... https://www.adobe.com/products/extendscript-toolkit.htmlESTK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could be wrong but from all the dead links, lack of info and what Ive read It doesnt sound like they are actively supporting it anymore. You can try these links for older versions and there is an alternitive VS code plug in. I havent used it so I dont know much about it although it sounds like a  promising alternitive.

Older versions:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

VS code plug in:

https://medium.com/adobetech/extendscript-debugger-for-visual-studio-code-public-release-a2ff6161fa0...

other info:

https://medium.com/adobetech/the-future-of-extendscript-development-a-vscode-plugin-2d8d0172a357

https://medium.com/adobetech/the-future-of-extendscript-development-a-vscode-plugin-2d8d0172a357

https://images.creativecow.net/u/317666/etk_64_mac.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx! Great link! I can now download Extenscript CC from...

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

But Adobe should make it available...

If they don't support it anymore, fine, but make all the versions available on the ExtendScript archive, where all the older versions can be downloaded. Only the latest version is not available at the moment...

There is also an ExtendScript plug in for Brackets...

It's made by someone from Adobe, but not official. This was the only IDE that made extension builder work for me...

http://davidderaedt.github.io/CC-Extension-Builder-for-Brackets/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:)

I did all exactly as you explained. I turn on old app but I cannot to see anywhere Adobe Extendscript Toolkit. I have full adobe cloud subscription.

Thank you

Jacek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Catalina, fullpose? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OLD versions appear to still be available at:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/scripting/estk.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shows the incompetence of the adobe chat "support".. It might look hilarious, but it's so frustrating when you need support, and get this bot like conversation...extendscript conversation.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has to be a human. I don't think a bot could be so badly trained as to say "iOS" when they should say "macOS". This is understandable in end users, but apalling for tech support. By the way, the magic word to jump out of robotville is "AGENT".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this does not work for me. The extendscript toolkit app does not appear in the Creative Cloud app at all.

I have MacOs Catalina 10.15.7

I'm researching the web from adobe-help center to Github and the answers I get back is weird stuff like switch on "show older apps" and "there's no way to run it on MacOs Catalina" - but whatever I do the app does not appear in the CC-app.

I'm in urgent need of scripting in After Effects, could you help me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update: I managed to download "extendscript toolkit" ESTK 3.5 from an Adobe site somewhere but now MacOs Catalina does not recognize the disc image what I take as a sign that it is a 32bit-thing and the whole ESTK-concept is not adapted to the 64bit-design of Catalina, correct? If so, what is then the Adobe concept for heavy AE-users who are working on modern macbooks? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious problem that I see is that the initial posting of this thread is from December 2017, whereas my own discovery of the issue happens in February 2021 - a little bit more than 3 years for not solving the issue on Adobe's side. 

Is there a protocol to escalate the problem somehow to some Adobe decision-makers to improve the product here? It is a bit weird to see such a great product as AE getting neglected.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe "solved" the problem by discontining the product. Did you try the alternative? I hear it's not ideal for everything, but better than nothing. https://medium.com/adobetech/estk-and-macos-10-15-catalina-cbcc30300918

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines