• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe folders in Documents folder (This is on MacOS, but I've read it is a Windows problem too)

Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post was locked: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/how-to-change-the-adobe-preferences-folder-location/...

So I'm opening my own. This has been a problem for decades. Since the release of OSX, Adobe has had a misunderstanding of what the Documents folder is. For twenty years they have been using it for a depository of empty folders and temporary files. They seem to not grasp that they are a guest on my computer. It's mine, not theirs. I want their junk files somewhere in the Library where those types of files and folders belong. They refuse to listen. They are like a guest to my house who takes a dump in my hall closet and refuses to listen to my cries about where my bathroom is. Twenty years! 

I just delete the folder all the time. I'm sure this screws up my settings and wipes out temp files I would probably like to keep. But there is nothing I can do about it. If Adobe is putting important files and data in a junk locker stuffed into my Documents folder, that's their fault, not mine. If deleting this pile of nonsense makes Adobe software run worse then that worse functionality is how their software works. I can't help that. I often get frustrated because there is no way to preserve certain settings. This is most likely because Adobe is putting these settings in my Documents folder and I am deleting them. That's their fault, not mine. Their software doesn't save these settings in the right place so they are getting deleted. 

If you know of a way to tell Adobe's software to put these files in the right place, let me know.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines