• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe forcing customers to stay logged in is unnecessary and an invasion of privacy.

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no reason for Adobe to force its customers to stay logged in. I can understand the need to check the licensing once in a while or i'd even accept to briefly log in each time (even though a waste of time) to check the license. But forcing cutomers to stay logged in whilst using Adobe is more about Adobe collecting background metadata from cookies etc than it is about checking the license. We as customers have a right to our privacy when online. It is not a privelege. I have been an Adobe customer for over 20 years and this is just pure arrogance on Adobe's part and will ultimately lose customers. I teach for three photographic schools and usually recommend Adobe but i'm beginning to think twice. And i know i am far from the only person who has this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Get Started forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a strange idea. Being logged in is what tells the software you have a subscription. As well as, as it happens, giving access to your cloud services if you use them. I’ve heard from people who wanted to logout, but they never explained why that would be. If you don’t trust Adobe why would you install their stuff? And if you believe Adobe is collecting personal info, then why would you believe they stop if you log off - they aren’t some kind of web page? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines