• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe GC Client Application CONSTANT CPU Usage

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a great system.  8th gen intel 32GB or RAM liquid cooled blah blah blah.  I use Photoshop which I pay for now monthly through Adobe CC.  No problem with photoshop the application but I have ADOBE GC CLIENT APPLICATION constantly using at least 12% of my CPU resources.  It'd be different if it was trying to complete some sort of process then CPU usage decreased but NO.  It constantly runs for no particular reason I can determine.

I'd love some detail on how to resolve this issue or if it's possible to resolve.  I use my system for work as many here probably do so the idea that my CPU is being used CONSTANTLY for some seemingly useless unending process is slightly irritating.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

reset your preferences -  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure file sync is unticked

make sure font sync is unticked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that in Creative Cloud and it doesn't appear to have corrected the issue.  Usage still appears to be at least 12% or higher for the last hour.  I have just been ending the task in the task manager but I have to do it every time I open photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences:  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried resetting preferences and the issue still continues.   Just constantly using CPU resources over 12%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you restart your computer, is the cc app using your cpu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear to load upon reboot.  Actually it only seemed to load after I open then close photoshop.  It didn't seem to load when I opened photoshop but right as it was closing the GC client did load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the problem that AdobeGCClient.exe is constantly running at 12% CPU.  Very annoying.  And it is even more annoying to be told "reset your preferences" with instructions dating from 2011, which are no longer applicable.  No, I do not have Vista on my machine … duh.  So … anyone out there who actually knows how to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this problem and it's at least two years later. It seems to occur whenever I open Acrobat DC.  DOES ADOBE NOT CARE THAT THEY ARE CRAPPING UP THEIR USERS' SYSTEMS?  (sorry to shout, but I have spent countless time trying to solve this, and it's all related to adobe's crappy genuine software program. Come on Adobe, get with it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines