• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe greed knows no boundary!!

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you SERIOUS Adobe?  Raising prices?  Huh?  Adobe announces a price increase into effect April 18.  $3 more per month.  Adobe's greed knows no limits...  They justify it partially by saying it's been 5 years since they raised prices.  What???  THAT'S a reason to raise prices?  Just because it's been 5 years?  I'm supposed to buy that???

Adobe continues to stab users.  Just unbelievable.

Check out the incredible *financials for Adobe Systems, Inc as of 2016...

Net income of $1.1 BILLION

Cash on hand (and cash equivalents domestic holdings only): almost $4.8 BILLION

Total Liabilities? 5.2 MILLION

5-year stock price increase of almost 400%!!! 

*Adobe Systems, INC Form 10-K 2016 as of Dec 2, 2016.

Someone explain to me why Adobe needs a price increase???  They are doing better every year without another cent!!!

What greedy jerks.

(Images removed by mod..)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Hi Jeremy,

We understand it must be inconvenient, however, before you cancel your subscription you may check various other plans available online. You may purchase the Photography plan or single app plans.

Please see plans here: Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

For more options, please Contact Customer Care.

Hope this helps! Feel free to update the thread for more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience!

For details, please see: Adobe Updates Creative Cloud Pricing          | Adobe Blog

Kindly view the link for more information related to price increase: Creative Cloud for individuals | Price changes in United States, Canada, and Mexico

You may also Contact Customer Care for help. Feel free to update the thread for more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very unfortunate!  As a self-employed, freelance creative, the cost of using Adobe products has become a difficult "bill" to swallow.  As much as I enjoy using the various apps, it has become a major expense.  Sadly, I may have to cancel my subscription.

* Perhaps Adobe could consider an advert supported business model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

We understand it must be inconvenient, however, before you cancel your subscription you may check various other plans available online. You may purchase the Photography plan or single app plans.

Please see plans here: Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

For more options, please Contact Customer Care.

Hope this helps! Feel free to update the thread for more questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeremy,

Alternatively you may be able avoid the CC price increase entirely, while still keeping your same CC tools, if you want – see this FAQ for more details:

Per Adobe: How to Skip the Price Increase and Pay Less for Creative Cloud

Anybody can get that offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was already an annual prepaid so I've just been screwed over big time buy an increase of about 200$ per year, that makes no sense at all to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominique,

Could you share more details about your plan, and which country you are located in? ]

Other possible reasons to explain a price increase would be if you changed what's included in your Creative Cloud plan, or if you had introductory or promotional pricing which is expiring, or if you are a student/teacher education customer and reaching the end of your first year (which is discounted at a greater level than subsequent years).

If you have any further questions, then contact Adobe Customer Support and inquire further:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe used to be a great company but have turned into the Apple of the creative community. Greedy - they are bleeding creatives dry with their constant price increases. Unfortunately they have the market cornered and until Quark makes a comeback or some other programming genuis' invent some software to give Adobe some competition we'll all have to keep taking it. It really sux. They are also without a doubt THE WORST customer service you could ever experience. Right on par with iTunes customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I’m posting a couple of years after the original post. I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm out!

I'm totally fed-up with greedy corporations forcing customers into subscription-based products. Then those greedy corporations raise the subscription fee and then boast about their huge profits. And I’m talking huge! Adobe’s profits were over $3 billion USD for the 1st quarter of 2020.

Question: Where is all this money coming from? Answer: You – the customer.

There are some fantastic alternative apps out there. Have a look around. The ones I'm going for are Affinity and Canva. I hope everyone else can follow in my footsteps and stop the greed. The only way to stop the greed is to put your money where you know it counts. Stop feeding these greedy giants and spend your money with other talented software developers who care about their customers and not about over-the-top shareholder profits!

I’ve been a loyal Adobe customer for over 20 years and I’m now paying $923.88 AUD per year for the complete Creative Cloud (CC) package. Most of the apps in CC I don’t use. If I were to pay for only for the Adobe apps that I do use, it would amount to more than the whole CC package.

So glad my subscription runs out in August – only 2 months to go! That’s $153.98 AUD left to pay for my 12 month subscription to finish.

I would keep using Adobe software if it was more reasonably priced – less than $40 AUD per month for a 12 month plan or $50 for month-to-month (just a suggestion).

Goodbye Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines