• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe has 64 bit apps, but my Elements 11 no longer works, Nice Support Adobe, THERE IS NONE!!!

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Elements 11 for years, suddenly, it wont run on Big Sur. However, Adobe is running Apps in 64 bit, why cant I open Elements 11 on my iMac? Nice support? There is no support, it seems as if, the ony way to get support is to download there cloud app. I have no need for that, I just want to use the App I bought and paid for, its in my account, there is no-one to assist with this.

Awful, no support whatsoever

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did you change your OLD program to make it stop running... Apple's BS operating system will not work with old programs

The latest 2021 version is compatible with BS http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @John T Smith said, the problem isn't Adobe, it's Apple. From the Catalina OS forwards, Apple computers will not run 32-bit applications. If any part of Elements 11 is 32-bit (and that's likely), it won't run on Apples with the current OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's plan is to get rid of all old apps, and so they blocked all apps older than 2019. You have to buy new. Best of all, they make it seem like everyone else's fault! It's all part of the Joy Of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 was released 9 years ago in 2012. Before it was released, Adobe tested Photoshop Elements 11 thoroughly on Mac OS X 10.6 to 10.8 and therefore was supported on those specific Mac OS X versions.

Apple made the decision to stop supporting older 32-bit applications with the release of macOS Catalina in 2019. If you want to carry on using 32-bit applications, such as Photoshop Elements 11, you will need to downgrade your macOS back to macOS Mojave.

If you have a new M1-based Mac computer, you will not be able to do this as those Macs only run macOS Big Sur. If that is the case, I suggest taking your new Mac computer back to the Apple Store and ask why they did not make it clear at the time of purchase that your older 32-bit applications will not work any longer. They may tell you that it is your responsibility (not their's) to ensure that your exisiting applications will continue to run on any new computer or operating system version.

Adobe offer a number of different support options for Photoshop Elements (along with all their other applications):

- Online chat with Customer Care: go to Contact Customer Care and click the Chat icon in the bottom right of your screen. It looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-07-15 093823.jpg

(If you type the word AGENT, you should be able to bypass all the automated dialog and jump straight to an Adobe employee).

- Phone Customer Care: go to Reach us by phone and look for the phone number for your particular part of the world. If you're in the USA, support is available 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday.

- Adobe Support Communities (such as this one): These very active communities are user-to-user forums which are full of hundreds of Adobe product experts who voluntarily dedicate their time to helping and assisting other Adobe users.

Hope that clears up a few things for you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines