• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe has updated my PS but I want my Elements version back? Downloading is not listed as an option

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop Elements is gone. Yesterday we updated Adobe creative cloud and then they remotely downloaded Photoshop...but not my Elements version, I need my PH Elements back? How can I get it? I have had it for five years but now it is not even listed as an option without paying $99?  Very confused.  Anyone have an idea how I can get my version of Premier Elements back?  Any help is greatly apprecciated.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who did the updates? Is this a new/repaired computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updates were done by a person through Adobe.  I let him connect to my computer so he could update the creative cloud and then reinstall PS.  I ran an errand and left the rest in my husbands hands to finish up with him.  When I came back he said it's done but when I looked, it was not my Elements version but a much newer updated version.  Hubby didn't know there was a difference.  All I said before I left was" please make sure he downloads my PS too".  I found my version on the Adobe website but it says $99 to get it.  But I've had it for 5 years and we have been paying $9.99 a month.  I just downloaded the trial version to give me time to contact Adobe so they can make the changes.  The version they put on my laptop is way over my head...I reeeeally liked the one I had.  The only repair on my computer was to fix the charging imput place and they did a search on my computer for some lost files but never found them...it came back from the repair shop with Windows corrupt(had to actually do a reset to factory) and PS was gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something very puzzling about what you say.

Photoshop Elements, certainly is about $99. But you also say you've been paying $9.99 a month. That $9.99 will get you Photoshop but not EVER got you Photoshop Elements. If you paid for it before, why did you pay $9.99 a month? Also you say "I found my version on the Adobe website but it says $99 to get it.  But I've had it for 5 years " The only version on Adobe web site is, so far as I know, Photoshop Elements 2020, and that's only been out a few months. When you say "my version" do you just mean the Photoshop Elements app? I think I see why the Adobe person may not have done what you expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe me, I feel very puzzled lol. I think you are right about the Adobe person.  But my inability to explain it correctly probably added to the confusion.  When I went to download the version I have had for 5 years(my version) I picked it by the purple icon that I remember was on my laptop before I took it in for the repair. When I went to download it, It then gave me the option to choose an earlier version, the options were 2020, 2018, or 2015 so I chose 2015 since I know it wasn't 2018.  But I do remember having a friend that downloaded a newer version of PS with the intention of teaching me more ways to use PS (I tend to keep it simple because I really only know how to do what I need to know for my job (home based business) But he got a new job and ended up too busy and then we moved from FL to TN.  I know he said it was $9.99 a month because I gave him my paypal card to set it up for auto withdrawl.  That might be the time we started paying the $9,99...I'm honestly not really sure.  But it sounds like I was (am) paying 9.99 for a version of PS that I never knew I had; because I simply just kept using the one I liked and knew how to use.  Geeezzzz no wonder your confused, I'm explaining it and I'm confusing myself. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let's see about the 2015 version. If you've found a download that's half of the job. But you can't buy it; only the 2020 version is for sale. What you now need is your Photoshop Elements serial number. If you have that you can use the download and make it run. If not, you are stuck without it, pretty much. If you registered it, it may show up in your Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are searching for it now but it's probably sill packed away in an office box but we will find it!  Thnk you so much for your help.  You've been great.

Be Blessed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
--as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
--if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know which version of PS Elements you had.  Purple logos don't telll us anyting meaningful.   If you purchased a download directly from Adobe, Photoshop Elements should appear in your account portal below.  While you're at it, click on Plans to find out what you're paying $9.99 / month for.  

https://account.adobe.com/products

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I was more computer savvy but I'm not. All I know is the photoshop
version that I had and that I know how to work in is not the new one. The
temporary one I downloaded on my laptop yesterday says it is Adobe
Photoshop Elements 2020 (but it looks exactly like what I have been using
for the last 5 years.)

This is what the invoices say: I've attached a photo. All of the invoices
look the same from 2015 to just a few weeks ago.
--
Have a blessed Day,
Belinda

[E-mail signature removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please do not use personal e-mail to reply to this public web forum.  Or if you do, don't attach files, they don't come through.  And remove your e-mail signature beforehand. 

Your serial number is attached to a particular version of PS Elements.  Whichever version you had, it wasn't 2020 which is a very recent release. 

In all likelihood, you had PSE 15. Direct download links can be found below.  Be sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS or it won't work.  Adobe may remove these installers at any time.  Be sure to keep a backup copy in a safe place.

https://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-15-direct-download-links-premiere.html

In addition to PSE, it sounds like you have a subscription to Lightroom.  LR (online) and LR Classic (desktop) are a digital darkroom for amateur and professional  photographers.  Among other things, you can retouch your images and arrange them into collections or albums by keywords and other metadata tags.  This is very helpful for organizing large photo catalogs. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/tutorials.html

In contrast, PS Elements is aimed at hobbyists and beginning photographers.  It's convenient for people who like to snap pictures with their phone and upload to their social media sites. PSE has a short learning curve without all the bells & whistles of professional grade Photoshop and Lightroom. 

==========================

Beware of fake Adobe reps offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scam, run away!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what the invoice looks like:

Phtoshp Lightrm Bndl ALL MLP DSP Ret Inv 01 mnth MUN 1 YR NEW   9.99 

And it has been exactly the same from 2015 to  this month, Feb 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines