• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator won't download on my Mac.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I purchased Adobe Illustrator for Mac on Sun. March 1. For the past two days I have tried downloading it many times. It will load to somewhere around 10% then stop. It says remaining time is around 160 minutes. I have let it run, but I still won't load. It freezes around 10%. I have High Sierra OS and plenty of space on my computer. I even turned off my firewall. I have tried Safari and Firefox both. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. I need this program to do work. Thanks for your time.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you purchase Illustrator? Directly from Adobe?

All Adobe programs are only available as a subscription. Did you buy a subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I purchase AI directlly from Adobe. I have two Mac computers in my home. I tried on the 2nd computer and it downloaded very easilly within 5 mintues. I think I might have a memory problem with my 1st computer. I might need more memory, but thanks for all of your help and answers. I will persure the memory issue and see if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I was able to download on another Mac in my home. No problems, easy. I think I have a lack of memory on my first computer. I will look into this and see. Thanks for everyone's advice and help. I appreicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Confirm that your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run the latest version of Creative Cloud desktop app and Illustrator + all other apps & services you intend to use.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

2. Downloading & installing is a 3 step process.  Some apps, particularly anti-virus, can conflict with that process. See links below. 

-- Creative Cloud Installation Hangs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/stop-responding-downloading-apps.html

-- Troubleshoot installation with log files

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thanks for your time and help. I have another Mac in my home and tried to download Illustrator. It downloaded within 5 minutes with no problems at all. I think I have a lack of memory in my first computer so I will try that avenue. I appreicate your time and answers and quick responses. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the internet connection by downloading a different file over the internet?

Did you try a download manager to download the file instead of downloading it using a browser?

Browsers are ineffective for downloading large files over the internet.

So try using a download manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The OP is not using a Browser to download Adobe software. He is doing it through the CC DTA. So no download manager would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines