• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe is placing needless hardship on people in developing countries and rural areas.

Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People in developing countries and rural areas typically have slow and/or metered Internet connections. Adobe's update software does not work on slow connections and attempting to use it wastes gigabytes of bandwidth as well because when it drops the connection, which it invariably does, it deletes all the data that it has downloaded and starts over from scratch on the next attempt. People in these situations are thus required to spend extra time and money to even attempt to get any updates with no guarantee that they ever will. The ability to resume downloads would likely solve this issue. How can Adobe be convinced to implement this trivial feature?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the CC App, which is what does the updating, isn't an option on that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it is.

Screenshot - 1_1_2020 , 9_47_52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you. Somehow I missed that three times in a row lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's funny that the correct answer is "go make a wish." lol

I agree that it is the correct answer tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most wishes/requests benefit so few or are so difficult to implement they're unlikely to be addressed.

but requesting a download manager be intergrated into the cc app so downloads can be resumed without needing to restart is pretty reasonable, seems very doable and (i would think) has broad appeal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to report that this seems to have been fixed recently. I'm not sure exactly when, perhaps in the big overhaul not too long ago, but downloads are now able to complete even once my data has been throttled to 3G. I complained about it enough, I felt like I should come say "thank you" now that it's working. So thank you, Adobe! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct Download Links for Creative Cloud https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you can't get any updates via the Pro Design Tools site. It's only base versions. It will actually downgrade your installation if you try to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines