• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom Continually Uninstalls

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was cleaning up some apps on my computer, and my Adobe Creative Cloud started acting up and continually attempted to uninstall Lightroom, even though I don't have it installed. As you can see in the screenshot attached, Lightroom is not installed, but Creative Cloud continually asks me (popping up at least once every 5 minutes) if I want to keep Lightrooms prefs. I've attempted closing Creative Cloud, signing out of Creative Cloud, as well as restarting my computer. Even signed out and exited Creative Cloud, it still reopens after about three minutes asking me to sign in, and once signing in, it asks me the exact same question as in the screenshot. "Before we uninstall this app, please tell us if you'd like to keep or remove notifications, alerts, interface settings, and other preferences."

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see your attachment.

What happens if you click YES to remove Preferences?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I hit remove, and it said it was uninstalling lightroom. I assumed that was the end of the problem; but then three minutes later, Creative Cloud popped up again with the same dialog. So I hit keep, hoping to resolve the problem. Another three minutes pass, and it pops up again. Even logging out of Creative Cloud and exiting it altogether, after three minutes the software starts itself back up and asks me to log back in, and once I do, it asks if I want to keep or remove preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Run the Adobe cleaner tools to wipe old CC apps off your system.

Do a fresh install of CC Desktop App.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines