Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe New Logo's are ugly and confusing

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe has recently updated all of their app logos to be the same colour (which being dyslexic as most creatives are is confusing). On Windows the logos in the task bar are also now smaller than they used to be, again adding to any confusion.

Who at Adobe is justifying their job by making this unnecessary change? Please bring back the larger icons with colours to separate them out easily.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

You're preaching to the choir here. This is a user-to-user forum, not the Adobe decision makers.  For what it's worth, I turned off automatic app updates from my Creative Cloud desktop app Preferences. So I'm not seeing the new homogeneous icons yet.

Suggest you submit an official bug/feature request below where Adobe engineers will see it. It might carry more weight if you present a good case for why the new taskbar icons are not UI/UX friendly.  If enough people agree with you, the decision

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a mutual decision by the heads of the uncreative department at Adobe.

You would be better served if you forked Adobe to bring back the old way Adobe did all of this.

Or maybe just downgrade to the old version and you would be better served.

I hope they bring back the old way Adobe worked not so long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - the new app logos are a hot mess! How many times more am I going to click the wrong shortcut because the color got switched with a different app? And what was wrong with using a black background? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're preaching to the choir here. This is a user-to-user forum, not the Adobe decision makers.  For what it's worth, I turned off automatic app updates from my Creative Cloud desktop app Preferences. So I'm not seeing the new homogeneous icons yet.

Suggest you submit an official bug/feature request below where Adobe engineers will see it. It might carry more weight if you present a good case for why the new taskbar icons are not UI/UX friendly.  If enough people agree with you, the decision makers may have to re-think this.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I have done so now. It's odd that their webpage is showing the new icons but WITH colour? 

https://www.adobe.com/uk/creativecloud.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines