Highlighted

Adobe Portfolio bullet points

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm currently setting up my portfolio in Adobe Portfolio and was wondering if there was a way to add bullet points to a text box?

Thanks

James

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Portfolio bullet points

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm currently setting up my portfolio in Adobe Portfolio and was wondering if there was a way to add bullet points to a text box?

Thanks

James

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no.  I asked for bullets a couple of years ago but it has not been added to the text editor.   Submit a feature request below.  Maybe the team will take another look at it.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 

Thanks for the response! Seems strange not to have a basic feature within a CMS system. I'll submit a request and see what happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Portfolio go to https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us and log in with your Adobe account

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to vote for this feature in their Feedback and Suggestions forum. I believe this is how they get customer feedback for planning. 
https://adobeportfolio.uservoice.com/forums/921673-adobe-portfolio-feedback-suggestions?query=bullet...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James! There's a trick to creating a bullet point. On a mac, hold down OPTION and then press the number 8 on your keyboard (OPTION-8) to get this: •

Was searching for an answer myself and then remembered the OPTION-8 trick that I used to use on Slack.

- Liz

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 1
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not ideal for HTML semantic reasons but an acceptable workaround 🙂  

Depending on which bullet style you want, the Win equivalents are as follows (turn on numeric lock):

alt+7= •

alt+8= ◘

alt+9= ○

alt+10= ◙

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to do that myself. But I would disagree that adding a bullet character is an acceptable workaround. It does not make the content accessible for visually disabled or those using screen readers. Adobe just needs to add the ability to create unordered and ordered lists. I made sure to add that comment to the suggestion that was linked to above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 1
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It does not make the content accessible for visually disabled or those using screen readers."

It may not be ideal semantically but there's nothing precluding screen readers from "seeing" this text.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also agree that this is not an acceptable workaround, as it doesn't account for the indentation required to make a list readable. Especially difficult on a responsive site if it's not a built in feature. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0