• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio -- can't access

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a help forum page for Portfolio?

I have been creating my portfolio without a hitch for 3 days. Today it will not open. What's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Hi balths,

Please tell us what you're struggling with.  Maybe we can help you.  I think the single biggest problem people have with Portfolio is that they over-think it.   It's not that complicated. 

Despite it's simplicity & ease of use, I agree that Adobe should bring back the Portfolio community forum.  It deserves a space where fellow product users can share experiences about the ever-evolving platform.  Old tuts & videos won't help you.  Too many things have changed.  The latest document

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there's no forum for Portfolio. To receive help, please submit a ticket here:
https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tommy_D,

I have unlocked this thread (not sure why it was locked in the first place) and moved it to Get Started where I often field questions about Adobe Portfolio.

1. Log-out of Creative Cloud.
  2. Try another browser or clear your browser's cookies and recent cache memory.
  3. Log-in again with your paid ID and password.

Post back if you still need help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reaching out to follow up Nancy! I'm back on track, problem solved.

I believe it was one of these ideas that solved it for me, I tried lots of things. These will now be my first-go-to approaches if the issue ever happens again (hope not!)

Thx!
Tommy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe there is not a user forum to ask for help when there are for nearly every other Adobe product. I'm coming across issue after issue for which there are no answers despite hours and hours of Googling and watching videos. For a platform built partly for the design community, the design options within it are abysmal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi balths,

Please tell us what you're struggling with.  Maybe we can help you.  I think the single biggest problem people have with Portfolio is that they over-think it.   It's not that complicated. 

Despite it's simplicity & ease of use, I agree that Adobe should bring back the Portfolio community forum.  It deserves a space where fellow product users can share experiences about the ever-evolving platform.  Old tuts & videos won't help you.  Too many things have changed.  The latest documentation can be found in the Knowledgebase & FAQ which they update fairly often.  And Getting Started Steps covers basic essentials.  

For tech support and feature requests, please submit a ticket directly to the Portfolio Support Team

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that complicated, but it's not that simple either. Functions are buried in menus that don't reference the section you're in. Features are hidden. It's not very intuitive. Some color dialog boxes you can input numbers. Others you can’t, you have to drag around a slider and pray you'll land on the proper hex number. Some have preset swatches below, others don’t. Did anyone even think of make these consistent? Limited text styling is allowed in text boxes, but not in descriptions or headers. For a platform created for designers, there aren't many design choices you can make. It's been dumbed down immeasurably. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Portfolio and it's younger cousin, Spark, are works in progress.  The developers keep evolving them and adding new features based on user feedback.

Some options vary by Theme.  So if you're not happy with your current theme, try a different one.

Currently, Portfolio has 12 Themes to choose from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines